PDA

View Full Version : Who The Fuck Here Loves Slipknot?

Clinton Adolph Seeber
08-04-2013, 09:17 AM
I am a knothead and a maggot!

Watson503
08-04-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm not a big fan of Slipknot, but Mick Thomson and Jim Root are both really good guitarists. I've only seem them live on video but everyone I know that has seen them says no matter if you are a fan or not, they put on one great show.

As a side note, I read about ten years ago how on one of the Ozzfest tours (I think), Thomson walked onto Linkin Park's tour bus - I HATE those pussies - and told the band and their crew they were nothing but a joke and he'd stomp them right there. Of course those twats didn't say or do a thing.

Thomson in the studio:

0hoJ8H-Vzwc

Craig Cobb
08-04-2013, 02:16 PM
for Jesus?

thunor
08-04-2013, 06:06 PM

Difficult to know what to say :eek:

oldnorseman
09-01-2013, 01:44 PM
I am a knothead and a maggot! I saw Slipknot at Hairy Marys near Drake University in the late 90's. They sounded like little kids banging on pots and pans. I get my metal from Slayer, Vader, Sodom, mostly thrash and since I play guitar(15 years of classical lessons) I really like Yngwie Malmsteen. Otherwise I listen to NS14/88 music alot, Nordfront, Sturmwehr, Oidoxie, Stahlgewitter, Landser, ect..most of the lyrics in German. I speak German.

oldnorseman
09-01-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of Slipknot, but Mick Thomson and Jim Root are both really good guitarists. I've only seem them live on video but everyone I know that has seen them says no matter if you are a fan or not, they put on one great show.

As a side note, I read about ten years ago how on one of the Ozzfest tours (I think), Thomson walked onto Linkin Park's tour bus - I HATE those pussies - and told the band and their crew they were nothing but a joke and he'd stomp them right there. Of course those twats didn't say or do a thing.

Thomson in the studio:

0hoJ8H-Vzwc

I play guitar, the best guitarist I've seen live, where it counts, is Malmsteen. Also, check out Ana Vidovic. IMO, Slipknot doesn't hold a candle to Slayer, never will.

Watson503
09-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I play guitar, the best guitarist I've seen live, where it counts, is Malmsteen. Also, check out Ana Vidovic. IMO, Slipknot doesn't hold a candle to Slayer, never will.

Malmsteen has been a favorite of mine along with Uli Jon Roth but I've never seen either live over the years. I couldn't name two Slipknot songs but Slayer... one of my all-time favorites - saw them for the first time on the SoH tour with Motorhead and Overkill at a small club, I had missed them on the previous Reign in Blood tour when they opened for WASP - this set in Jew York at the old Ritz is classic:

C0ExOQjKxu8

Rev.Cambeul
09-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Reverend Doctor Billy - the founder of the Creativity Alliance - loved Slipknot. I was his best friend within our Church, and even I still do not understand why!

Cailen.

kramer
12-01-2013, 07:33 PM
I only like one song by slipknot..."wait and bleed"