View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #13
oldnorseman

oldnorseman is a splendid one to beholdoldnorseman is a splendid one to beholdoldnorseman is a splendid one to beholdoldnorseman is a splendid one to beholdoldnorseman is a splendid one to beholdoldnorseman is a splendid one to beholdoldnorseman is a splendid one to behold

Just the idea that mondern churches refuse to use the names that would have been used in the bibical age is proof of the fallacy of religion. If christians were concerned with truth they wouldn't continue to change things. I am an atheist. I don't believe in some conspiracy to brainwash everyone into believing a certain religious belief, certainly not by a group of people like the jews. After the ground work was set, I think the churches honestly believed they were following the work of a creator. Since many of them were not very learned in science, and not very much real science was available in the 3rd or 4th century to dispute their beliefs, I believe these people were following what they thought was truth. What is very disgusting today is the amount of science available that openly disputes the creation myth, many of the supposed miracles of the bible and the blatent lies told by the churches. Even more alarming is that people think a group of people are organized enough to conspire to fool everyone into following them and giving them money while their rogue priest molest children. At some point in life everyone attains a life code, a set of rules and beliefs that works for them. Maybe, for some individuals, the set of rules continues to evolve as more knowledge is attained in philosophy and science. Others continue to dig a deeper hole with the spade that blames others for their self imposed limitations. Once you find your way in the world you realize that only you and no one else controls your destiny.
oldnorseman is offline   Reply With Quote