Old 06-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God
Default Race, Evolution, and Behavior: J. Phillip Rushton

Using evidence from psychology, anthropology, sociology and other scientific disciplines, this book shows that:

• There are at least three biological races (subspecies) of man -
- Orientals (i.e., Mongoloids or Asians),
- Blacks (i.e., Negroids or Africans), and
- Whites (i.e., Caucasoids or Europeans).

• There are recognizable profiles for the three major racial groups on -
- brain size,
- intelligence,
- personality and temperament,
- sexual behavior, and
- rates of fertility, maturation, and longevity.

• The profiles reveal that, ON AVERAGE -
- Orientals and their descendants around the world fall at one end of the continuum,
- Blacks and their descendants around the world fall at the other end of the continuum,
- Whites regularly fall in between.

• This worldwide pattern implies evolutionary and genetic, rather than purely social, political, economic, or cultural, causes.

About the Author

J. Philippe Rushton is a professor of psychology at the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada. Rushton holds two doctorates from the University of London (Ph.D. and D.Sc) and is a Fellow of the John Simon Guggenheim Foundation, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the American, British, and Canadian Psychological Associations. He is also a member of the Behavior Genetics Association, the Human Behavior and Evolution Society, and the Society for Neuroscience. Rushton has published six books and nearly 200 articles. In 1992 the Institute for Scientific Information ranked him the 22nd most published psychologist and the 11th most cited. Professor Rushton is listed in Who's Who in Science and Technology, Who's Who in International Authors, and Who's Who in Canada.

Audio Lecture: (listen while you surf) http://archive.org/details/Race_Evolution_and_Behavior
Good times create weak men. Weak men create bad times.
Good Things Come to Those who Work Their Ass Off! John Kennedy (R-La)
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Old 06-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

J. Phillip Rushton QUOTES.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Default The Science of Race: Selected Works of Professor J. Philippe Rushton

You will note that nearly all of Rushton's critics are kikes

By J. Philippe Rushton. The author fearlessly produced research which conclusively proved the existence of important racial differences in IQ, psychology, and behavior.

Contained in this book are 48 research papers by Professor Rushton which deal with all the main topics of his life’s work. They were all personally selected by Professor Rushton to be representative of his most important contributions to racial understanding.

Some of the topics in this encyclopaedia-sized book include his famous—and devastating—exposé of Jared Diamond’s Guns, Germs, and Steel; studies of IQ of Gypsies in Serbia; the relationship between cranial capacity, race, and intelligence; brain size and cognitive ability; IQ tests in South Africa and Zimbabwe; crime rates and race; ethno-nationalism and genetic commonality; and genetics and the evolution of personality.

This book is a goldmine of information and a lasting tribute to one of the greatest scientific minds of our time.

Professor J. Phillipe Rushton (1943–2012) was born in Bournemouth, England, and lived in Canada, South Africa, and England. He was a tenured professor of psychology at the University of Western Ontario, famous across the globe for his ground-breaking research and his most famous book, Race, Evolution, and Behavior: A Life History Perspective.

630 pages, 8.5” x 11”

Contents

Professor J. Philippe Rushton: A Short Biography

Papers:

1. Behavioral development and construct validity: The principle of aggregation

2. Altruism and aggression: The heritability of individual differences

3. Genetic similarity, human altruism, and group selection

4. Cranial capacity related to sex, rank, and race in a stratified random sample of 6,325 U.S. military personnel

5. Genetic and environmental contributions to cranial capacity in Black and White adolescents

6. Brain size and cognitive ability: Correlations with age, sex, social class, and race

7. Salivary testosterone and self-report aggressive and pro-social personality characteristics in men and women

8. Race, intelligence, and the brain: The errors and omissions of the ‘revised’ edition of S. J. Gould’s The Mismeasure of Man (1996)

9. The “Jensen Effect” and the “Spearman-Jensen Hypothesis” of Black-White IQ differences

10. Secular gains in IQ not related to the g factor and inbreeding depression – unlike Black-White differences: A reply to Flynn

11. A scientometric appreciation of H. J. Eysenck’s contributions to psychology

12. Effects of mediated learning experience on Raven’s Matrices scores of African and non-African university students in South Africa

13. Cross-national variation in violent crime rates: Race, r-K theory, and income

14. New evidence on Sir Cyril Burt: His 1964 speech to the Association of Educational Psychologists

15. The Pioneer Fund and the scientific study of human differences

16. Brain size, IQ, and racial-group differences: Evidence from musculo-skeletal traits

17. Performance on Raven’s Advanced Progressive Matrices by African, East Indian, and White engineering students in South Africa

18. African-White IQ differences from Zimbabwe on the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-Revised are mainly on the g factor

19. Construct validity of Raven’s Advanced Progressive Matrices for African and non-African engineering students in South Africa

20. Progressive changes in brain size and musculo-skeletal traits in seven hominoid populations

21. Placing intelligence into an evolutionary framework or how g fits into the r-K matrix of life history traits including longevity

22. Genetic and environmental contributions to prosocial attitudes: A twin study of social responsibility

23. Wanted: More race-realism, less moralistic fallacy

24. Thirty years of research on race differences in cognitive ability

25. Mate choice and friendship in twins: Evidence for genetic similarity

26. Ethnic nationalism, evolutionary psychology, and genetic similarity theory

27. Review of R. Lynn’s Race Differences in Intelligence: An Evolutionary Analysis

28. Males have greater g: Sex differences in general mental ability from 100,000 17- to 18-year-olds on the Scholastic Assessment Test

29. The totality of available evidence shows race-IQ gap still remains

30. No evidence that polymorphisms of brain regulator genes Microcephalin and ASPM are associated with general mental ability, head circumference, or altruism

31. General mental ability in South Asians: Data from three Roma (Gypsy) Communities in Serbia

32. Genetic and environmental contributions to population group differences on the Raven’s Progressive Matrices estimated from twins reared together and apart

33. James Watson’s most inconvenient truth: Race realism and the moralistic fallacy

34. A general factor of personality (GFP) from two meta-analyses of the Big Five: Digman (1997) and Mount, Barrick, Scullen, and Rounds (2005)

35. The genetics and evolution of a general factor of personality

36. A General Factor of Personality in the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory-III, the Dimensional Assessment of Personality Pathology, and the Personality Assessment Inventory

37. A General Factor of Personality (GFP) from the Multidimensional Personality Questionnaire

38. A general factor of personality in 16 sets of the Big Five, the Guilford-Zimmerman Temperament Survey, California Psychological Inventory, and Temperament and Character Inventory

39. A general factor of personality from multitrait-multimethod data and cross-national twins

40. Whole-brain size and general mental ability: A review

41. Inclusive fitness in human relationships

42. A General Factor of Personality (GFP) in the personality disorders: Three studies of the Dimensional Assessment of Personality Pathology—Basic Questionnaire (DAPP-BQ)

43. No evidence that social desirability response set explains the general factor of personality and its affective correlates

44. The rise and fall of the Flynn Effect as a reason to expect a narrowing of the Black-White IQ gap

45. The general factor of personality: Normal and abnormal

46. The Bigger Bell Curve: Intelligence, National Achievement and the Global Economy—A review of IQ and the Wealth of Nations by R. Lynn and T. Vanhanen

47. Book Review: Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhanen IQ and Global Inequality

48. Book review: Guns, Germs and Steel: The Fares of Human Societies by Jared Diamond

http://marchofthetitans.com/the-scie...lippe-rushton/
Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Modern-Day Galileo: J. Philippe Rushton (1943-2012)
Big Think ^ | Oct. 10th, 2012 | Satoshi Kanazawa

Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:41:04 PM by River Hawk

Last week the world of science lost one of its most courageous and brilliant practitioners, and I have lost a dear friend and colleague. On 02 October, J. Philippe Rushton passed away at an infuriatingly young age of 68.

I first learned of Phil’s work in 1999 when, as a then member of the Social Psychology Section of the American Sociological Association, I received a complimentary copy of the abridged edition of Race, Evolution and Behavior, which Phil had sent to all 600+ members of the Section at his personal expense. I read it right away, then I purchased and read the unabridged version.

When I met Phil in person for the first time the following year, I could not believe that a man so intensely hated in public (nearly always by idiots who did not know him personally and who did not know anything about science) could be so gentle, genial, and generous in person. His very kind and mild manners always impressed me, especially in stark contrast to how people thought and assumed he was.

Here’s one of my most favorite pictures in the world, which I call “The four most hated men in science, and Jim Flynn.” The four most hated men are, from left to right, J. Philippe Rushton, Helmuth Nyborg, Richard Lynn, and yours truly, with James R. Flynn at the center. The picture was taken at the 2007 conference of the International Society for Intelligence Research, by a young intelligence researcher Jonathan Wai. I proudly display this picture in my office at LSE. My latest book The Intelligence Paradox: Why the Intelligent Choice Isn’t Always the Smart One is partly dedicated to Phil, as well as to the other two most hated men in the photo and other courageous pioneers in the field of intelligence research. I can’t believe there can’t be any more pictures like this with Phil.

Here’s another picture of Phil and me, also taken by Jon at the same conference. It simultaneously displays Phil’s gentle nature and my characteristic inability to make eye contact. The behavior geneticist Robert Plomin is in the background.

There’s another picture that I love, even though neither Phil nor I are in it. In the early 1990s, during the height of the controversy about his work and student protests against him on the campus of the University of Western Ontario, where Phil taught most of his career, a photographer from the student newspaper, the Western Gazette, captured an image of a black student protestor vandalizing Phil’s office and spray-painting on the door “Racists pig live here.” If that’s not supreme irony, I don’t know what is. There is one very small consolation in Phil’s tragically early death: Phil was not an artist, he was a scientist. When an artist dies, his art dies with him, which is why there has not been (and will never be) Beethoven’s 10th Symphony or Guernica II. Unlike art, however, science is cumulative. The rest of us can honor his memory and his scientific legacy by continuing his work. Phil was simultaneously a tremendous role model and a very tough act to follow. He was a model of scientific integrity. Unlike Galileo, he never recanted.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2944353/posts
Old 06-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Anthropology and Race 1: The Rise and Persistence of Scientific Racism

This title doesn't mean what it should mean, but the opposite. Academia's failure to address the facts of race is the real problem, not scientific data.

There is little question that we live in a racist society. Economic indicators alone reveal the price that people pay because they have a heavier skin pigmentation than others. The poverty rate among Blacks and Hispanics in the United States is three times that of whites. African Americans account for 10.7 percent of the workforce, but only 6.9 percent of executive or managerial positions. Hispanics account for 9.2 percent of the labor force, but only 4.8 percent of executive positions. You can get addition information on economic inequality in America in the report by Woodrow Ginsburg, Income and Inequality. Yet while racism is obviously pervasive, people often are unaware of the racist attitudes that they hold (you can test yourself using the Implicit Association Test developed by Washington and Yale University). One of the questions asked by anthropologists is why do racist attitudes persist? Are people naturally inclined to denigrate people of other groups? Does it have to do with historical attitudes that were used to justify slavery that have persisted? Or is there something about specific cultures that encourage racism?

Most anthropologists recognize that race is a social concept, not a biological one. That is, it stigmatizes some individuals as different and reinforces the privileges of others. There is no evidence that there are large groups of biologically distinct human beings (i.e. subspecies) that correspond to what people refer to when they talk about "race." Furthermore, to base any kind of biological category on a single physical characteristic, such as skin color (which, in itself is incredibly varied and determined by multiple genes), is clearly nonsense. Yet the concept of race persists in our popular culture, and is occasionally given legitimacy by researchers from fields as varied as psychology and political science. (Check out the American Anthropological Association Statement on Race and the statement on "Race" and Intelligence).

In the next few Editor's Choice columns we'll explore the phenomenon of race and racism to try to understand why it persists and point the way to some valuable resources on the Internet. In this column we will explore the history of "scientific racism," that is the attempt to "prove" scientifically that some "races" are qualitatively superior to others. In effect, scientific racism attempts to use science to legitimate racist beliefs. Scientific racism has a long history. In the nineteenth century scholars such as Samuel George Morton attempted to prove that some "races" were superior to others by measuring the cranial capacity (brain size) of skulls representing different groups (e.g. "Blacks," "American Indians," "Whites"); his concluded, based on his measurements, that Whites were superior to other groups.

Almost a century later, Harvard biologist Stephen Jay Gould described in his book, The Mismeasure of Man, how he remeasured the same skulls used by Morton. He discovered that Morton must have attempted to confirm to himself what he and other Americans already "knew": that whites were superior to blacks and to Indians. He did this by accepting data that confirmed his biases, and rejecting data that did not support them. For example, he included in his sample of black skulls more females than he included in the white sample. In his American Indian sample, he included more small-brained Inca skulls than large-brain Iroquois skulls. In addition, he omitted small-sized Hindu skulls from his white sample. In fact when Gould remeasured the skulls, he found that the average size of black male skulls was larger than that of white males. He know now that skull size or cranial capacity tells us nothing about intelligence, but in the nineteenth century such "scientific" efforts were used by people to legitimate their racial biases.

Most anthropologists no longer take the idea of race seriously. Human populations do differ in some respects in their genetic makeup (e.g. blood types), but there is little use in trying to lump groups into racial groupings based on often, physically meaningless characteristics (e.g. skin pigmentation). As such, the efforts of people such as Samuel George Morton to "prove" the superiority of one "race" over another, might be dismissed as historical oddities, except for one thing. There are still people who believe that they can scientifically prove that some groups of people are genetically superior to other groups. Much of this effort derives from eugenics, the attempt to distinguish between people with "good" and "bad" genes, and to foster social legislation that would encourage those with good genes to have more children than those with bad genes. You can find a wealth of information about the eugenics at the Image Archive on the American Eugenics Movement. Check out particularly the link on the social origins of eugenics. As the authors of the site note, eugenics, which was behind much of the Nazi effort to "eliminate" undesirable peoples such as Jews, Gypsies, Catholics, and Gays, has been thoroughly discredited. Yet it continually resurfaces in other guises, and may yet be fully revived with the discovery of techniques to modify the human genome.

Two of the most recent attempts to revive eugenic ideas about racial superiority are The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life by Richard J. Herrnstein and Charles Murray and the various writings of psychologist J. Philippe Rushton particularly his Race, . You can get both positive and negative views of The Bell Curve at Two Views of the Bell Curve and at Upstream (and you can enter The Bell Curve at any search engine and get many more critiques). One of the more distressing facts about works such as The Bell Curve is the attention and legitimacy they are given by the media. Yet rarely do media commentators fully understand the fallacies that lie behind the basic building blocks of scientific racism (e.g. "intelligence," IQ, "race," etc), and manage to simply reinforce social biases that privilege some people and penalize others.

One of the best sites on the Web to get information about scientific racism is The History of Race in Science. Particularly valuable is the link page that will take you to some good examples of so-called "scientific racism." One of the more controversial theorists is psychologist J. Phillipe Rushton, whose work manages to reinforce virutally every racial stereotype common in American folk culture from the nineteenth century to the present. You can get a sample of his writings at Upstream.

The big question, of course, is why do people like Rushton continue to attract attention, and why does the racism that they reinforce persist. In our next Editor's Choice column we'll offer some possible explanations.

http://faculty.plattsburgh.edu/richa...fic_racism.htm
Post New Thread Reply