Post New Thread Reply

Old 03-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
Aldolphus Mueller
Proud Neo-Amish!

Aldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations God
Exclamation I strongly recommend switching to Linux if at all possible.

EDIT: Clearly I was in a hurry when I wrote the below diatribe. I will now make it readable. lol

What I've learned from being hacked, tracked, and my computer and network brought down is that I would strongly suggest that those who can switch to Linux for online activity. There are plenty of websites that can guide you through the process and the software available for Linux either rivals what you'd pay for if running Windows or Apple, or it is superior. But most importantly it's OPEN SOURCE where people can view the actual source code that is written for the kernel, drivers, etc., and determine whether something shady is taking place or not. Not so Windows (take that word for what it means; a window into your life for prying eyes) or Apple OS whatever they're at today.

DistroWatch.com is a good place to start in determining which flavor of Linux might be best for you. I began with BackTrack Linux, a variety made for security penetration but found it too one-sided for my needs. Then installed Kali Linux, the version that took the place of BackTrack when development for the latter was discontinued, and then installed PearOS8, a distribution that resembles Mac in many ways aesthetically. I like the look but found it wanting in many respects. I've heard it's been bought by some company unknown to me so there is currently no further development with it. However, for other reasons I'm now running a variety that I think will suit my purposes nicely as it would most here. Not going to name it as I don't want to become anymore a target of the DoD if they were involved in the hack against me (and evidence points to them since I have screen shots of their connecting to my phone's kernel and sending packets to and from my previous Windows machine) or whether it's some group of insane bastards out of Montgomery, Alabama. Anyway ...

Linux of today isn't the Linux of 10 years ago. You don't have to compile the kernel anymore, nor do you have to compile the drivers for your hardware. In fact, if you have a relatively new PC of say 2-3 years laying around and the sound and graphics are incorporated on the motherboard it's likely that most Linux distros will install all of the drivers during the installation process leaving you with a fully functional and working Linux machine that is generally more secure and certainly faster and more efficient than Windows. Never could see spending the money on any Apple product so I can't speak to that platform. However, the Apple OS is built upon Linux so I'd surmise they are closer related than Linux and Windows.

The installation is very much a Windows\Apple GUI (graphic user interface) like installation which is graphically menu driven just like the two proprietary operating systems mentioned supra which even I found to be a painless and far easier process than any Windows installation or re-installation I've ever performed. And I do them several times a week for clients.

What I've learned about Windows, the drivers necessary to run various hardware, and the software available for it is how incredibly insecure and compromised the total package is to one's privacy. It's also incredibly vulnerable to attack because the damn thing has more holes in it than a wiffle ball. I've said goodbye to Windows excepting for those things I have to use it for such as software or drivers that aren't available for say a sign cutter\plotter or a another device I own. But the Windows machine will be used offline for the most part with an occasional online road trip.

Keep in mind that if you use a newer distribution of Linux that the browser may come loaded with Adobe Shockwave Flash which can be used to track or compromise even a Linux box as relates to your online and offline privacy. You can view videos with a plugin call "video without flash" which uses HTML5 instead. My newly installed Windows installation has components that are acting like key-loggers according to at least one program I mentioned in another thread.

I've also begun to question a couple of the 'better' browsers that are supposed to be safe and which I've recommended to clients. It seems that one can't surf any of the larger websites without first allowing at least 10-20 cookies or as many scripts to run within the browser which itself can be a security risk. Especially the running of scripts which can allow a government, corporation (don't think corporations aren't at war with you even though they beg for your hard earned wealth in various advertising media, they most certainly are), or a hacker to inject malicious code into the very components of the browser and ultimately the OS allowing anyone of them to take over your computer or sit back and watch your every move. Especially if you have a web cam or microphone connected and both are working properly. This is especially an issue with laptops, netbooks, tablets, and smartphones.

There is code that can be injected while you're browsing the web allowing all of those scripts running in the background to inject key loggers and audio and video loggers. That's right, they can actually watch you through your own computer or smart phone and you're none the wiser.

So I would encourage everyone reading this to look into Linux as an alternative to the big two as well as a more secure platform for any type of network activity. I don't have the time to write a book on what I've found with the Windows operating system, but others have already done that. You need only do a search on Windows vulnerabilities and you'll get a return of tens of thousands of pages of information on how to compromise a Windows machine or how insecure they are generally.

Now I know why a not so small anymore group of people hate Windows with a passion. I'm not a programmer so I can't reverse engineer any component of Windows but others have already done that. If you're running a Windows or Android device you can bet you're connected directly to the NSA.

Looks like Linux will be available for the smartphone soon too so we'll be able to ditch the CIA's, er ... I mean Google's Android spyware.

From my phone back in December 2013:

Click the image to open in full size.

Note above that both the Android kernel, the Android System, and Google Play Services was sending packets to and from the Department of Defense Network Information Center in Columbus, Ohio. Someone must have been really bored that week of December 21, 2013. After exposing this information they sent a kill update which bricked that phone making it unusable and causing me to lose some data that was on it.

More confirmation that the military had hacked my phone AND home network. The following screen shot was taken from SamSpade v1.14 network tool kit from my Windows installation that I was using at that time. They had actually penetrated my phone and my computer. I believe this happened when I connected the phone to the home wireless network. Once they had control of my phone network and it was then connected to my home network it was just a matter of a few keystrokes before they compromised my Windows home computer. This next image was from my computer and not from the Android phone. This should give the reader an idea as to how connected these devices are and the risks in using them without having first taken steps (as best one can) to ensure and protect one's privacy and files on these devices.

So I guess I'm one of those people who love genuine freedom and for whom those exercises that Fred posted a thread about that are taking place this week.

I suspect this is a result of USAA handing over the information I gave them after they assured me they could underwrite my auto insurance even though I didn't participate in Social Security due to a religious objection to it. Three different people within an hour and during one conversation told me they could and only after giving all of my personal data, USAA offering to insure me and actually providing me with a quote, my accepting it and asking how I could make the payment did the woman tell me she needed a Social Security number.

They deceived and lied to me in order to steal private information I would not have otherwise given up. They then turned it over to the U.S. Government and the USAA lawyers a week later and many phone calls and e-mails afterward told me that I could not be identified through OFACS. OFACS?

What is OFACS you ask? I wondered the same thing.
Quote:

The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the US Department of the Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries and regimes, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers, those engaged in activities related to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and other threats to the national security, foreign policy or economy of the United States. OFAC acts under Presidential national emergency powers, as well as authority granted by specific legislation, to impose controls on transactions and freeze assets under US jurisdiction. Many of the sanctions are based on United Nations and other international mandates, are multilateral in scope, and involve close cooperation with allied governments.

The Treasury Department has a long history of dealing with sanctions. Dating back prior to the War of 1812, Secretary of the Treasury Gallatin administered sanctions imposed against Great Britain for the harassment of American sailors. During the Civil War, Congress approved a law which prohibited transactions with the Confederacy, called for the forfeiture of goods involved in such transactions, and provided a licensing regime under rules and regulations administered by Treasury.

OFAC is the successor to the Office of Foreign Funds Control (the ``FFC''), which was established at the advent of World War II following the German invasion of Norway in 1940. The FFC program was administered by the Secretary of the Treasury throughout the war. The FFC's initial purpose was to prevent Nazi use of the occupied countries' holdings of foreign exchange and securities and to prevent forced repatriation of funds belonging to nationals of those countries. These controls were later extended to protect assets of other invaded countries. After the United States formally entered World War II, the FFC played a leading role in economic warfare against the Axis powers by blocking enemy assets and prohibiting foreign trade and financial transactions.

OFAC itself was formally created in December 1950, following the entry of China into the Korean War, when President Truman declared a national emergency and blocked all Chinese and North Korean assets subject to U.S. jurisdiction

So we're all terrorists and enemies of the U.S. Government it seems. And it appears that I'm under "sanctions" were orders from on high are sent to multinational corporations to discriminate against those men and women who exercise their Inalienable Rights. Do they really believe I'm a threat to the policies of the United States Government.

What do the USAA lawyers mean when they say they can't "identify me through OFACS?" I have all the "ID" they need and USAA clearly knows my identity and who I am because I a getting their marketing packets from them now and have been for at least two years. In fact, I just received a marketing packet from them a few days ago that feels like it's about 4 ounces in weight. It has my name on it and they knew where to send it. But this veteran was unable to avail himself of the service and savings from USAA that other veterans receive because I have religious beliefs that don't conform to policies of the U.S. Government.

Do you really believe you have any freedom in this God forsaken country? Dream on. You have 'privileges' they dupe the dupes into believing are Rights for which they hold their faux annual celebrations wherein the dupes rattle their chains reminding themselves how free they are such as July 4th, Memorial Day, and so forth.

All that said, if you're online you're privacy is vulnerable to invasions by ne'er do wells.

I do not provide legal advice. If you need legal advice see a lawyer

Last edited by Aldolphus Mueller; 03-25-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Aldolphus Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
Aldolphus Mueller
Proud Neo-Amish!

Aldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations God
Default Bump.

Bump. Made additional revisions and comments above. Would like to know if anyone else who might be as privacy and security conscious as I am have had similar experiences as those cited above. I've provided the proof and have much more that I haven't posted for sake of time.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions in regard to increasing one's online privacy? The use of Linux and anything one should do on a new Linux install that I might not be aware of or have done at this time?

Feel free to add to this thread or create one of your own. That's what this particular forum was created for and is about.

Thanks again, Fred, for creating and allowing discussions here. I don't believe there is anything more important than one's Right to Privacy and Security; whether online or offline. I do not believe that this present day incarnation of the Internet is what the creators and founders of the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) had in mind when they sent their first packet across a network and communicated between two computers.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
whiteferrari

whiteferrari is a splendid one to beholdwhiteferrari is a splendid one to beholdwhiteferrari is a splendid one to beholdwhiteferrari is a splendid one to beholdwhiteferrari is a splendid one to beholdwhiteferrari is a splendid one to beholdwhiteferrari is a splendid one to beholdwhiteferrari is a splendid one to behold

Windows 7 Sins - The case against Microsoft and propiertary software
http://en.windows7sins.org/

but

moved to =====> http://www.fsf.org/windows8

1. Poisoning education: Today, most children whose education involves computers are being taught to use one company's product: Microsoft's. Microsoft spends large sums on lobbyists and marketing to corrupt educational departments. An education using the power of computers should be a means to freedom and empowerment, not an avenue for one corporation to instill its monopoly.

2. Invading privacy: Microsoft uses software with backward names like Windows Genuine Advantage to inspect the contents of users' hard drives. The licensing agreement users are required to accept before using Windows warns that Microsoft claims the right to do this without warning.

3. Monopoly behavior: Nearly every computer purchased has Windows pre-installed -- but not by choice. Microsoft dictates requirements to hardware vendors, who will not offer PCs without Windows installed on them, despite many people asking for them. Even computers available with other operating systems like GNU/Linux pre-installed often had Windows on them first.

4. Lock-in: Microsoft regularly attempts to force updates on its users, by removing support for older versions of Windows and Office, and by inflating hardware requirements. For many people, this means having to throw away working computers just because they don't meet the unnecessary requirements for the new Windows versions.

5. Abusing standards: Microsoft has attempted to block free standardization of document formats, because standards like OpenDocument Format would threaten the control they have now over users via proprietary Word formats. They have engaged in underhanded behavior, including bribing officials, in an attempt to stop such efforts.

6. Enforcing Digital Restrictions Management (DRM): With Windows Media Player, Microsoft works in collusion with the big media companies to build restrictions on copying and playing media into their operating system. For example, at the request of NBC, Microsoft was able to prevent Windows users from recording television shows that they have the legal right to record.

7. Threatening user security: Windows has a long history of security vulnerabilities, enabling the spread of viruses and allowing remote users to take over people's computers for use in spam-sending botnets. Because the software is secret, all users are dependent on Microsoft to fix these problems -- but Microsoft has its own security interests at heart, not those of its users.
whiteferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Aldolphus Mueller
Proud Neo-Amish!

Quote: Originally Posted by whiteferrari View Post

Windows 7 Sins - The case against Microsoft and propiertary software
http://en.windows7sins.org/ but moved to =====> http://www.fsf.org/windows8

7. Threatening user security
: Windows has a long history of security vulnerabilities, enabling the spread of viruses and allowing remote users to take over people's computers for use in spam-sending botnets. Because the software is secret, all users are dependent on Microsoft to fix these problems -- but Microsoft has its own security interests at heart, not those of its users.

I could write a book on what needs to be done to secure Windows if that's even possible. I don't think mine is secure yet even though I've spent at least two full weeks on that project. Even though I've had to install Windows four times because of a wayward router, or my connecting my compromised Android phone to the wireless network, that router has since been replaced; twice. The first new router was also hacked and there may be a key logger on my Windows system which might be part of the system code itself but I can't find it.

I know that text pad of all apps was trying to connect to the Internet which was a huge red flag. I had stopped using the clipboard program and was storing captured contents within a text file instead as I no longer trusted the clipboard app. When Notepad began trying to access the Internet that's when I knew there was a serious problem that needed addressing.

SpyShelter Stop-logger has alerted me to several programs that want access to the keyboard or mouse in order to monitor it that have no business needing such access. I'm using their 14 trial version of the Premium program but may purchase it although I don't plan on using Windows online unless absolutely necessary. However, there are cases where I will have to so I want as much protection and notification of abnormal behavior that I can get. Thankfully, Wireshark is free and provides a wealth of information as is PeerBlock.

So far, I really like Linux especially since they've made it far more user friendly than it was in 2000. Getting used to where everything is located and learning the shell commands as I want to understand it as well as I do Windows so I can spot aberrant behavior and recommend it to others in addition to providing service for those who are already using it.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #5
Aldolphus Mueller
Proud Neo-Amish!

Connected my Windows machine to the network yesterday and not because I wanted to, but had to get someone connected and needed to access a peripheral. I noticed after I had unplugged the cable that all of my Remote Management denials that I prohibit had been disabled. I don't know if this is a Microsoft thing, a DoD thing, an SPLC thing, or maybe a Leith, North Dakota thing, but as soon as I get more information I'm going to the FBI with it and filing a criminal complaint for unauthorized intrusion into a protected business network.

Linux rocks! Ditch Windows now folks! You just wouldn't be able to get your head around what Windows is allowing to be done to you. It would take days to write what I've learned about how insecure Windows is and how Microsoft disables or prevents you from securing your machine with their "security updates." Once you get used to Linux you'll really, really like it. Secure, stable, fast, and free.

A good place for beginners to start is LinuxMint based upon the Ubuntu kernel. I prefer the Debian fork but it's not as user friendly and requires a bit more patience and work although it's not the Linux of 2000 by any means. Most everything can be done via GUI although you'll still want to learn the command line.

Download a flavor of LinuxMint in ISO form that suits your fancy, burn the ISO to disk, and then boot into LinuxMint Live using the DVD. You can run the Live DVD right on your Windows machine and it won't change or mess up your Windows installation in any way. Additionally, you can't be hacked running Linux from a Live DVD. This is a great way to test drive Linux without doing a complete install if you only have one computer. If you do this give it time and browse through all of the features of what the Live DVD offers. There are tens of thousands of additional programs you can download and run after a full install. In fact, if you wanted to you could use a LinuxMint Live DVD to boot into to do your online browsing and other stuff and never connect your Windows machine again.

I won't be going back to Windows except to run programs I can't run on Linux. And I can run most of my Windows programs using Wine in Linux. I can even run my sign cutter on my Linux box. There's so much free and really good software available for Linux that it just doesn't make any sense to use an operating system that's a direct line to the NSA.

(Oh, and do not use SpyShelter as I had advised in the security thread some time ago. It was responsible for creating a temp folder in C:\Program Data with an alternate data stream and that's what it's supposed to prevent. The folder and ADS creation only ceased after I uninstalled SpyShelter.)

Post New Thread Reply