Old 06-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #81
Randolph Dilloway

Randolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations God

Heinrich Heine. German poet (1797-1856):
In dark ages people are best guided by religion, as in a pitch-black night a blind man is the best guide; he knows the roads and paths better than a man who can see. When daylight comes, however, it is foolish to use blind, old men as guides.
Randolph Dilloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #82
Randolph Dilloway

Randolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations God

Ralph Waldo Emerson. American poet and essayist (1803-82):
In churches, every healthy and thoughtful mind finds itself . . . checked, cribbed, confined. Other world? There is no other world! Here or nowhere is the whole fact.

As man's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds as disease of the intellect.

If I go into the churches in these days, I usually find the preacher, in proportion to his intelligence to be cunning, so that the whole institution sounds hollow.

The believer tells me he has an evidence historical & internal which makes the presumption [of God's existence] so strong that it is almost a certainty that it rests on the highest of probabilities. Yes; but change that imperfect to perfect evidence & I too will be a Christian. But now it must be admitted I am not certain that any of these things are true. The nature of God may be different from what he is represented. I never beheld him. I do not know that he exists.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #83
Randolph Dilloway

Ludwig Feuerbach. German theologian (1804-1872):
God has not created man, but man created God.

In brief, man in relation to God denies his own knowledge, his own thoughts, that he may place them in God. Man gives up his personality; but in return, God, the Almighty, infinite, unlimited being, is a person; [man] denies human dignity, the human ego; but in return God is to him a selfish, egotistical being, who in all things seeks only himself, his own honour, his own ends; [man] represents God as simply seeking the satisfaction of his own selfishness, while yet he frowns on that of every other being; his God is the very luxury of egoism.

Christianity has in fact long vanished, not only from the reason but also from the life of mankind, and it is nothing more than a fixed lie.

Whenever morality is based on theology, whenever right is made dependent on divine authority, the most immoral, unjust, infamous things can be justified and established.

He who says no more of me than that I am an atheist, says and knows nothing of me. . . . I deny God. But that means for me that I deny the negation of man. In place of the illusory, fantastic, heavenly position of man which in actual life necessarily leads to the degradation of man, I substitute the tangible, actual and consequently also the political and social position of mankind.

Though I myself am an atheist, I openly profess religion in the sense just mentioned, that is, nature religion. . . . I am not ashamed of my dependency on nature; I openly confess that the workings of nature affect not only my surface, my skin, my body, but also my core, my innermost being . . . And I do not, like a Christian, believe that such dependency is contrary to my true being or hope to be delivered from it. I know further that I am a finite mortal being, that I shall one day cease to be. But I find this very natural and am therefore perfectly reconciled to the thought.
Post New Thread Reply