Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-22-2015, 05:38 AM   #1
Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to behold
Default "Australian" singer Jimmy Barnes doesn't want Reclaim Australia & United Patriots Front to play his music

Singer Jimmy Barnes asks anti-Islam rally groups like Reclaim Australia and the United Patriots Front to stop playing his songs at protests

Click the image to open in full size.

Cold Chisel singer Jimmy Barnes has asked anti-Islam protesters to stop playing his songs at rallies.

Protests across Australia took place over the weekend, with clashes between anti-Muslim and anti-racism demonstrators.
Channel Nine reporter Michael Best tweeted a video showing the anti-Islam Reclaim Australia protest in Brisbane playing Cold Chisel's Khe Sanh as they held up signs and the Australian flag.
Barnes took to his Facebook page acknowledging the use of his music at the rallies by the groups, but saying he did not support them.
The Scotland-born Barnes said in the statement: "If you look at my family you can see we are a multicultural family."

His wife Jane, with whom he has four children, was born in Thailand.
"It has come to my attention that certain groups of people have been using my voice, my songs as their anthems at rallies," he wrote.
"None of these people represent me and I do not support them.
"I only want to say the Australia I belong to and love is a tolerant Australia. A place that is open and giving.
"It is a place that embraces all sorts of different people, in fact it is made stronger by the diversity of its people."
The singer, known for his pub-rock classics including Working Class Man, was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 2005.
Through his publicist, Barnes declined to make any comment beyond that already posted on social media.
A series of Reclaim Australia rallies were held around the country over the weekend.
In Melbourne, police were forced to use capsicum spray as anti-racism protesters clashed with nationalists.
Federal Coalition MP George Christensen caused controversy by addressing the Reclaim Australia rally in Mackay.
Former Federal MP Pauline Hanson also addressed a rally in Rockhampton, saying she was "against the spread of Islam".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-2...-songs/6638478

Wikipedia: Barnes was raised a Protestant, and considers himself a Buddhist, although in September 2009 he revealed that his maternal grandmother was Jewish.[2]
Simon Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to beholdSimon Belmont is a splendid one to behold
Default Australian Songwriter John Schumann condemns use of anthem at Reclaim Australia rally

Songwriter John Schumann condemns use of anthem at Reclaim Australia rally

• April 05, 2015 2:40PM

Police try to keep protesters apart after a rally at Federation Square where Anti-racist campaigners confront the newly formed anti-Muslim group 'Reclaim Australia'. Source: News Corp Australia

Songwriter John Schumann has been shocked to learn the anthem he wrote, I was only 19, was performed at at least one Reclaim Australia rally.

The group’s supporters held rallies around the country on Saturday to oppose “sharia law, halal tax and Islamisation”. Violence erupted when they clashed with anti-racism groups.
Schumann said the song, I was only 19, was written to help people understand the plight of Vietnam veterans.
Like his other songs, it was about compassion, tolerance and inclusiveness, he said.
“I am very, very disappointed to see my work co-opted by what I, at my most charitable, consider to be a very confused ‘patriotic’ movement,” Schumann said in a statement on Sunday.
The song honours all Australians who have put themselves in harm’s way for their country, he said.

Anti-Muslim group 'Reclaim Australia' at Federation Square in Melbourne.

“It is not to be used to advance ignorance and intolerance, especially as we approach the centenary of Anzac,” he said.
A Youtube video shows the song being performed at Reclaim Australia’s Gold Coast rally.

Full article: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1227292160522
Old 07-22-2015, 06:41 AM   #3
Rev.Cambeul
Creativity Alliance

Rev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations God
Default Re: "Australian" singer Jimmy Barnes doesn't want Reclaim Australia & United Patriots Front to play his music

http://www.jwire.com.au/jimmy-barnes-im-jewish

Old 07-22-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
Mercury Rising Jacobite

Mercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant future
Default Re: "Australian" singer Jimmy Barnes doesn't want Reclaim Australia & United Patriots Front to play his music

That would be like Guns-N-Roses asking the Cincinnati Bengals management to stop playing "Welcome to the Jungle" in their football stadium when they score a touchdown....
Mercury Rising Jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:42 PM   #5
Simon Belmont

Unhappy Re: "Australian" singer Jimmy Barnes doesn't want Reclaim Australia & United Patriots Front to play his music

John Farnham 'disgusted' by Reclaim Australia's use of You're The Voice

July 22, 2015 - 8:13PM
Bernard Zuel

Senior music writer

Jimmy Barnes: They don't represent me

At anti-Islam rallies on Sunday, Cold Chisel's best-known song Khe Sanh was played, Midnight Oil and Gotye could also be heard.

Jimmy Barnes stops Khe Sanh being played at rallies, cops abuse John Farnham and his manager Glenn Wheatley have strongly attacked the organisers of the racist activist group Reclaim Australia, calling their use of iconic songs including Farnham's You're The Voice "disgusting".
"I have successfully pulled down the use of You're the Voice from Youtube that these guys have been using," Wheatley said in a statement. "The use was disgusting as it showed the decapitation of those poor souls who lost their lives."

Jimmy Barnes and John Farnham, seen here performing at the 2009 AFL

Grand Final, have made it clear they do not support Reclaim Australia's use of their songs. Photo: Justin McManus

Farnham's signature song was one of several famous Australian songs used by the organisation at their small but media-attracting rallies held across Australia at the weekend. Among the other songs played as part of a "patriotic" playlist were Cold Chisel's Khe Sanh and Lee Kernaghan's Spirit Of The Anzacs.
Advertisement
After Cold Chisel's Jimmy Barnes demanded on his Facebook page that Reclaim Australia stop using his songs as he did not support their aims or their actions - "Australia needs to stand up for Love and Tolerance in these modern times," he wrote - Wheatley and Farnham repeated the demand.
"John and I are seriously opposed to the use of John's song at the rallies. It no way reflects our support in any way," said Wheatley.

Lee Kernaghan has not yet given an opinion on Reclaim Australia's use of his song, Spirit of the Anzacs. Photo: Dave Langley

Old 07-22-2015, 11:44 PM   #6
Simon Belmont

Quote: Originally Posted by mercury rising jacobite View Post

that would be like guns-n-roses asking the cincinnati bengals management to stop playing "welcome to the jungle" in their football stadium when they score a touchdown....

:d ha ha ha
Old 07-22-2015, 11:48 PM   #7
Simon Belmont

Shame that I like Cold Chisel (Jimmy Barnes band for our international White audience), and John Farnham. Luckily I've never bought any of their albums or attended their shows. But I think with any mainstream musician I'll always bump into this problem... You can't avoid it. But that's why I post it here because I want people to remember. I thought music was for everybody.

What's the sad thing about this is these Reclaim Australia rallies is about soft nationalism. So these traitors who hate in the music industry are hyper sensitive. What do they care? They don't have to make personal comments. But they would rather condemn and "look good." These aged rockers you'd think would sit back and not care who plays their music.
Post New Thread Reply