Old 07-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #11
Mercury Rising Jacobite
Administrator

Mercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wyoming: Perfect P.L.E. location?

Justin, please tell me more details about Saratoga WY. Did you visit there before your move or just pull off the highway?
Mercury Rising Jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #12
Mercury Rising Jacobite
Administrator

Mercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant future

LMAO! I found this article on Fox news regarding an island the size of Manhattan in the Bay of Bengal in India that has a history of a primitive tribe that will most likely kill you if you step foot on the island...

Hey, they have a Enclave, why can't we? lol!

See article for details:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/...t-leave-alive/
Old 07-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #13
Justin
Thread Necromancer

Justin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to behold

I'd never even been to WY before, actually. I applied for a job (they're hiring several dozen more people and VERY willing to hire out of state, in case anyone's looking for work in a wonderful small town, message me) here a few months ago and got a call saying I had the job if I wanted it, so I moved.

Saratoga is a small tourist/logging town about 30-45 minutes drive from the Snowy mountain range. Tons of skiing/snowmobiling/hunting/fishing opportunities here, as well as tons of jobs for a town this small. Tourism keeps the town making money so everything is pretty well kept up as well. Freshly paved and regularly cleaned roads and sidewalks make a difference in this size town. There are also 2 free public hot springs which are very well kept and open 24/7 year-round, and a free gun range less than a mile outside town.

Rent is a little high right now because there are a lot of people living here while working on the remodeling at the Sinclair refinery 40 or so miles away, but once they finish it's expected to go back down. However, there's a campground ($4 a night) at the lake less than a mile outside town, which is where I stayed the first few nights I was here. I found a 2 bedroom 1 bath house for $800 a month with all utilities included, including cable and internet, and fully furnished. Not bad rent compared to what I've paid in IL, IA, or CO though. There's another house in town listed on the notice board at work that's a 3 bedroom for $1,000 a month, all utilities included too.

There are several restaurants and stores in town, as well as a grocery store, which is rare in a town this size. No chain stores though, aside from the kum and go gas station.

Anything I missed?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #14
Mercury Rising Jacobite
Administrator

Great synopsis brother, while it appears to be a little piece of heaven that you just happened to be lucky to find.

Would you concur that in order to be able to prosper in a small town like this you would have to bring in your own assets and start up an entrepreneur business or would the local economy support the average family?
Old 07-22-2015, 10:21 PM   #15
Justin
Thread Necromancer

Justin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to beholdJustin is a splendid one to behold

Almost ran out of log-in attempts trying to remember my password, lol. To "prosper", I'd recommend it, although it's that way anywhere. However, there are plenty of decent paying jobs that a hard worker could make use of to support themself/their family. I've only been here a month and have plenty of extra money, but then again, I don't have a wife or kids yet and don't know exactly what it costs to support them.

There are at least a dozen storefronts available for rent or sale here, and plenty of ranches and such available, so for those with money it'd be a good investment, in my opinion.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:04 PM   #16
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by Justin View Post

I don't have a wife or kids yet and don't know exactly what it costs to support them.

Remember the old saying, "Two can live as cheaply as one." I might add, "half as long."

You'll soon understand why liberalism is a complete failure, because Life is a competition every day.
The better your research, the crazier you sound to the uninformed.
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:13 PM   #17
Justin
Thread Necromancer

Maybe. It doesn't help that I've been spending over $100 a week on ammo though. I suppose I should be saving more, lol.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:51 AM   #18
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Maybe. It doesn't help that I've been spending over $100 a week on ammo though. I suppose I should be saving more, lol.

Buy different calibers you can use for barter, especially the most widely used, such as .22 & 12 ga.

I can assure you, your job is tentative at best, with the US Economy about to be completely destroyed. Barter will replace the dollar. Also, you should "dollar cost average" precious metals. Be sure to get lots of non-perishable food.

I know you have to pick your poison, having recently started a new job, but use your head, and collect things that will prevail in a horrifically damaged economic scenario.

You'll soon understand why liberalism is a complete failure, because Life is a competition every day.
The better your research, the crazier you sound to the uninformed.
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:36 AM   #19
Justin
Thread Necromancer

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred O'Malley View Post

Buy different calibers you can use for barter, especially the most widely used, such as .22 & 12 ga.

I've always kept roughly 10,000 rounds of .22LR and around 2,000 of 12ga., but now I'm stocking up (and using) .45ACP, and looking to get a SCAR in either .223 or 5.7x28mm. It'll be a bit until I have "enough" that I'm satisfied, lol.
Post New Thread Reply