Old 12-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God
Default Preparing Venison Cajun style

Stuff a fresh (unfrozen) rump roast (you get two from a back leg 4 all together) stuff it with at least one whole clove of garlic. Follow the garlic in each hole with a jalapeno pepper slice (hot or mild doesn't matter, I prefer hot) then push a 1/4 slice of bacon behind the pepper. USE NO SALT OR ANYTHING WHICH CONTAINS SALT. Dry rub fresh cracked black pepper all over it. Drape bacon slices to cover the roast and bake in a covered pan 2&1/2 - 3 hours on 350 degrees. Remove the roast and slice thin. Place the slices in a covered pot with beef Au Jus (thin) gravy. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, turning the slices often to assure they all take the gravy. Retain the peppers & garlic throughout. For a really tasty roast, baste with Zesty Italian dressing while roasting. Serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie. Have a good hardy bread for sopping gravy. Bon Appetit!!

NOTE: I usually take the bones out after baking to make slicing easier and they have served their purpose of flavoring by then. I bake on a wire rack and once the Italian is used up I baste with drippings.

You can basically do the same with steaks, using a paste of pepper, garlic & jalapeno between them and tying them together with baker's string.

When I butcher a deer, I get 4 standing rib roasts, 4 rump roasts, a neck roast, and ribs; the rest I chop into stew meat. I grind it later if I need it for chili or burgers. For burgers, I mix with ground pork. My deer patties have garlic paste (by nuking garlic pod) diced jalapeno and black pepper. I use Italian dressing in the gravy if I make salsbury steaks. For an extra clean taste, grate some lemon rind and add a little to the patty meat.

When I do ribs, I use dry rub and low heat. I never apply BBQ sauce, leaving that to the individual at the table. It helps the ribs, if you cut them into short pieces, and soak them in crab boil over night. The crab boil is prepared by boiling 2 tbl spoons of Zatarain's powdered crab boil in a 2 quart pan for at least 5 minutes, then allow it to cool to around 100 degrees and place the ribs in. Let it finish cooling then put in the frig over night. I leave the brisket on the ribs for meatier dining.
"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks."
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply