Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
WitchesChild
Pagan Heart

WitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations God
Default Things your Grandma used to do.....

I have been gathering stories from the elderly women in my family for my Mother's big birthday come September. Here are some of the entries.....

1) Mema would soak Pappy's overalls in a big pot over a fire and stir them between other chores. Then, after they cooled she washed them on a washboard until her knuckles bled. On Saturday night, everyone had a bath in the kitchen in a metal tub. ( this was a popular one)

2) I remember mama took in sewing and selling eggs and dressed chickens for extra income. We only had meat ourselves on Sunday dinner. The 'kitchen' garden (weeding, tending, picking, canning) and poultry maintenance were always the women's and younger children's job, including butchering the pullets. So was hauling the water for the household duties.

3) All babies wore long gowns, boys and girls. When the women were cooking they tucked the end of the gown under chair legs and table legs to keep the little ones out from under foot and away from the stove.

4) My grandmother was never idle. If she was sitting she was sewing or snapping beans. All her baking was on a woodstove and the ingredients were by memory.

5) In my Granny's house she swept the dirt into the cracks between the boards. (that one caused me pause, from my south GA kin)

6) Mam made sure we had two pair of shoes a year. One pair at Christmas and one at Easter.

7) Our Great Auntie had us chew pine resin for our kidneys. (more home remedies to come)
Old 08-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Malice Cooper

Malice Cooper is a glorious beacon of lightMalice Cooper is a glorious beacon of lightMalice Cooper is a glorious beacon of lightMalice Cooper is a glorious beacon of lightMalice Cooper is a glorious beacon of light

My step-grandmother (a lovely Portuguese woman) was the BEST cook ever. My grandfather was Italian and VERY old school Italian. He was forced to divorce my Canadian grandmother because she went batshit. But my Portuguese grandmother was THE best cook. I learnt from my mother, who learnt from her. I'm definately MasterChef material.
Malice Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Lonesome Rhodes
@ the old cracker barrel

Lonesome Rhodes is an unknown quantity at this point

I was always closest to my maternal grandmother, she was always busy. In the summer she would put up dozens of jars of canned beans, tomatoes, sauerkraut, piccalilli, and other produce that she and my grandfather raised in their garden.

My paternal grandmother was always working on quilts. She probably made over a hundred different quilts in her lifetime, all hand-sewn with needle and thread.
Lonesome Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
dakotalady

dakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant future

My grandma used to hold a flashlight to airplane controls so my grandma could see the controls to fly his small airplane at night if the lights went out. She watched about 30 kids all at once who came in to the farm during the day for the summer from the city. She got the tip of her finger torn off by a cow.

My uncle got his gun to stalemate a conflict once at a local business, nothing further ever came of it. Another uncle jumped in the back of a car someone stole and busted in the back window with the fire extinguisher to make the driver crash coincidentally into my other uncles lawn.

When someone needed a car they borrowed one from their garage and brought it back the next day, or the one time someone stole one without asking they just wandered to the next town to find it in someone's driveway who ws a drunk, took the car back and didnt think to cause a fuss about it.

Grandma and grandpa were very generous with gas for people coming through who were low on gas, and grandma says that great grandma served as a sort of modern foster home for kids who had no place else to go, and they didn't have social services or any govt services really back then.

So many entertaining stories!
dakotalady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
dakotalady

dakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant future

Sorry I just saw this was used to do not stories...but I already went to the trouble to type it so I'll only delete it if you ask!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
WitchesChild
Pagan Heart

WitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations God

Very unique stories, dl.

thanks!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
Fire Dog
Banned

Fire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations GodFire Dog is a White Nations God

Nice story and interesting, DakotaLady....I enjoy it very much. Takk!!
Fire Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
dakotalady

Thanks everyone! I also enjoyed the stories from everyone else too
Old 09-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Mike Quigley

Mike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations GodMike Quigley is a White Nations God

My Grandmother on my moms side was an amazing woman. She and my Grandfather owned a 15 acre farm, which after we inherited it was great for riding dirtbikes and ATVs. Anyway they raised all their own vegetables plus chickens, ducks, pheasants, and pigs. They also ran a bluebery business and a lumber mill with the help of my twin uncles who never left home. In the summer if she wasn't cooking, she was out in the hot packing house, packing and crating blueberries as they came up from the field.
Mike Quigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 AM   #10
RCooper

RCooper is a name known to allRCooper is a name known to allRCooper is a name known to allRCooper is a name known to allRCooper is a name known to allRCooper is a name known to all
Default Granny Use to pay her bills

All the Grannies in America are guilty of letting the U.S. Government to operate a Ponzi Scheme called the Social Security Program. Whereas the U.S. Government has failed to deduct enough money from granny & gramps paychecks and that a $71 Trillion debt is now possible in 2025.

Granny's Grand Children and Great Grand Children were "TOTALLY SCREWED BY THEIR GRAND MOTHER; THEIR GRAND FATHER and lets not forget MOM & DAD TOO !!!!!

The Grand Kid's Family now owes $296,000 (2013) but by 2025, they will owe the Ben & Friend and China $1.4 Million in debt.

Kick the can is now Kick the Child !