Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Fred O'Malley
Administrator

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God
Default Dining as Entertainment

I started a thread with the same title long ago, but I can't find it now.

Sunday 12/22/2013

I'm having a brunch of warm, home made chocolate chip cookies and egg nog with a splash of Kahlua. You can't imagine the joy this simple pleasure brings.
The principle, on which the war was waged by the North, was simply this: That men may rightfully be compelled to submit to, and support, a government that they do not want; and that resistance, on their part, makes them traitors and criminals. Lysander Spooner
History is written by tyrants that hanged heroes.
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations God

You got any bourbon in that nog? That's the only way I'll drink it.
Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. And I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ~ The Outlaw Josey Wales
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yid-CW-O9Qw
Mack the Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
Fred O'Malley
Administrator

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Kahlua is a liqueur made from coffee beans, it's awesome in egg nog. Burbon is good too, but it can't compare to the coffee flavor. Try it, and you'll pour that burbon back in the stump where you found it.
The principle, on which the war was waged by the North, was simply this: That men may rightfully be compelled to submit to, and support, a government that they do not want; and that resistance, on their part, makes them traitors and criminals. Lysander Spooner
Old 12-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations GodMack the Knife is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred O'Malley View Post

Kahlua is a liqueur made from coffee beans, it's awesome in egg nog. Burbon is good too, but it can't compare to the coffee flavor. Try it, and you'll pour that burbon back in the stump where you found it.

I got you beat: having gumbo here. Shrimp, oyster, crab meat. The only thing that would make it better is if the weather were cold.
Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. And I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ~ The Outlaw Josey Wales
Old 12-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
Fred O'Malley
Administrator

Gumbo is an every Friday night dinna at our house. jk sounds good.

We had veal rump roast stuffed with garlic and a side of Yellow Eyed beans and rice. Those beans are special, if you ever see them in a store, grab all they have, you'll never get tired of them.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #6
dakotalady

dakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant future

Speaking of dining, I have heard that now you can't use cash to buy snacks on airplanes? Isn't it illegal that they only accepting credit cards? Isn't cash supposed to be legal tender everywhere by law?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
Atlee

Atlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by dakotalady View Post

Speaking of dining, I have heard that now you can't use cash to buy snacks on airplanes? Isn't it illegal that they only accepting credit cards? Isn't cash supposed to be legal tender everywhere by law?

It is legal tender, I have asked about this before. I was told this, "We carry no change so we will sell (blank) to you, but cannot break $20 bills. Expect to have exact change in the future."
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #8
Atlee

Atlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations God

One of the best things about living in the South in winter is having a fire outside and a pot of food on the side with a grill. Folks bringing side items and all the kids running around enjoying the cool air and winter break. This weekend is going to be a lot of fun.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Mack the Knife

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred O'Malley View Post

Gumbo is an every Friday night dinna at our house. jk sounds good.

We had veal rump roast stuffed with garlic and a side of Yellow Eyed beans and rice. Those beans are special, if you ever see them in a store, grab all they have, you'll never get tired of them.

Never heard of yellow-eyed beans. You get 'em dried, canned or frozen?
Old 12-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #10
Fred O'Malley
Administrator

Quote: Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post

Never heard of yellow-eyed beans. You get 'em dried, canned or frozen?

At Whole Foods you can get them dry, at Big Lots I found them canned. I picked up a few cans to take to the camp and when I got home, I nuked one to try them. They were so damned good that I went back and bought every can they had. Wife made them from dry with seasoning and smoked ham hocks. The best beans I've ever had.......and that's saying something. I didn't think you could ever beat field peas & corn bread.
Post New Thread Reply