Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
Atlee

Atlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations God
Lightbulb Cost of living and the PLE family

What would home economics be without the topic of money? Not much, we need to talk about cost since this is a direct attack on our standard of living. Once upon a time in America a man worked 40 hours and was able to support his common family of four children and wife. Today, both parents find they have to work full time and have 1.8 children which is why we exist today as part and parcel of the blowback. We see broken marriages and homes with the number one enemy of our state of existence, usury. Our children's numbers are growing fewer and fewer by the year to the breaking point of genocide.

Money is a tool, a weak one, once based on a real standard and now backed by faith. This fiat between bankers has little place in our world except as long distance exchange and to pay Caesar what is Caesar's, taxes. In Pioneer Little Europe (PLE) our communities must work with exchange of local goods, skills from trades, and our labor to bring back our families to their former greatness and rein in the false god dollar folks now follow.

Our children must be taught that money is only a tool of usury and we should attempt to never carry debt, to aid our community by pooling dollars for community interest, for our future, for our children. Motherhood needs to once again be held in the highest esteem and she should only have to work towards the goals of her children; fathers must protect this high office and perpetuate our total community.

"We must ignore status and class" ~ Saga

Last edited by Atlee; 01-10-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added video
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:21 AM   #2
WitchesChild
Pagan Heart

WitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations God

What a great thread, Atlee.

We used to do so many things that we now buy already processed or pay someone else to do.

Between that and using cc's it's no wonder we are face down in the dirt.
WitchesChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
dakotalady

dakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant future

Quote: Originally Posted by Atlee View Post

Motherhood needs to once again be held in the highest esteem and she should only have to work towards the goals of her children; fathers must protect this high office and perpetuate our total community.

I'll second that, great post. I especially like this line.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #4
WitchesChild
Pagan Heart

WitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations GodWitchesChild is a White Nations God

4 Things I Do to Keep Our Grocery Budget at $200/mo. for a Family of Four
May 3, 2012

When we first got married five years ago we had less than $1,000 cash to our names. Needless to say, money was tight but we were determined to find a way to get ahead. It was at that point that my husband suggested a grocery/household budget of something like $100/mo. I balked and insisted it was impossible. I didnít mind being frugal but neither did I feel like eating PB&J sandwiches twice a day! And besides, I felt like I was already doing my best to try to shop smart and even so our grocery bills were somewhere closer to $200. And that was just for groceries alone; toiletries and household supplies came out of a different budget category. So we had this little area of tension- him thinking that we shouldnít need to spend so much on food and me thinking I was doing as good as I could.

It wasnít until about a year later when I discovered the world of coupons that I really got into trying to keep our grocery budget low. Suddenly it became a game, a challenge. I realized that if I got creative I could probably trim our grocery budget significantly. It took a bit of time and a lot of learning but eventually my husband was wowed by the change in our budget (and probably in my attitude too!). And to be honest, I was amazed myself. I was now spending less on grocery, toiletries and household items combined than what I had been before on groceries alone.

Here are a few of the things that Iíve learned that have helped keep our grocery/household/toiletries budget at $200/mo. for a family of four. (Just for reference sake our family consists of two adults who are pretty big eaters, a 3 1/2 yr. old boy with an appetite as big as mine and a 7 mo. old baby girl who at this point is exclusively breastfed. If you want to see more specifics of what I purchase check out my weekly spending posts.)

UPDATE: This $200 also includes all toiletries, cosmetics, cleaning supplies, diapers/wipes, paper supplies and any sort of item like that.

1. Choose to do Without
While choosing to do without is not really popular or even always a fun, it honestly is probably one of the biggest ways we save.

Some of the ways we do without are:

Vince takes sandwiches in his lunch almost every day to work. But he has insisted that he doesnít need both meat and cheese so most days he just has a meat and lettuce sandwich. At first I felt bad but he really doesnít mind and the savings of not buying all that cheese does make a difference.
Speaking of cheese, we hardly ever eat cheese just by itself. I use it in cooking but we rarely have it just to eat as a side or snack. Do we not like cheese? No, actually we all love cheese! But it is something weíve decided to consider a luxury around here to help keep our spending low.
Orange juice is a splurge item that I get only when I can buy it for $0.99 or less. Again, we all love orange juice but itís not something we need to have and we can easily eat fruit and get our recommended serving that way much cheaper.
We donít buy lots of snack foods. Talk about a fast way to jack your grocery spending up- this is one of them! We actually donít eat many snacks and if we do they tend to be more things like raisins, nuts, fruit or homemade cookies, energy bites and granola bars. I still buy chips and crackers sometimes if I can get them for a great price but they are not things that we always have on hand.
We do several different things to save money on meat. But one of the big ways that we save is simply by not buying expensive cuts. In fact I have a maximum buy price of $2.00/lb. for meats (and actually for cheese too) which means that we donít often eat things like bacon or steaks. But so far we havenít suffered and I think we still have a great variety!

One of the side benefits to choosing to do without some things is that you learn to appreciate what you do have even more. For instance, because our sandwiches typically consist only of meat and lettuce suddenly a sandwich with meat AND cheese becomes a real treat and we enjoy it immensely. Somehow I think doing without helps us appreciate some of the little things in life more fully.

2. Donít be Brand Snobs
When I began using coupons I started realizing that I could save a lot if I chose to be open minded about trying brands than I didnít typically use. You donít have to be very smart to figure out that if your usual brand of spaghetti sauce typically costs $0.99 on sale but you can get another brand for just $0.50 using a coupon that you are going to save a bundle! Iíll be honest, there are still a couple of products that I am a brand snob about but overall I purchase whatever I can get for the least amount of money.

3. Cook from Scratch
I grew up in a home where my mom cooked mostly from scratch so I was used to this. And fortunately I enjoy cooking and baking. But it was still convenient to buy pre-packaged things to save time. It didnít take me long to realize that it also was often a quick way to blow money.

Yes, cooking from scratch might take a bit more time but with a bit of planning ahead Iíve learned that it can be relatively fast too. One of the things I do that helps save time is to cook up large quantities of ground beef and chicken and then put it in the freezer in smaller portions. That way whenever I need a pound of ground beef or 2 cups of chicken for a recipe, Iím saved the time of having to cook it up. I also often make double recipes of a dish and then freeze half of it. Making twice as much of something doesnít take much longer at all and when I have an usually busy day itís so handy to be able to just pull dinner out of my freezer. I also apply this same principle to baked things like bread, rolls, cookies and biscuits.

And you might be surprised how easy it is to make things like cream soup, Bisquick, Salad Dressing, Shake and Bake and pie crusts from scratch. Itís probably not as hard or time consuming as you think!

Want to see what kinds of things I cook? Check out my recipes on my blog or on Pinterest.

4. Have a Price List
This might seem a bit silly but it does really help. By keeping track of which stores have the lowest prices on certain items I have been able to save a lot. And it also helps me know when something is a good stock up price too. Keeping a price list takes a minimal amount of time and effort, but it really does pay off. If you want more tips check out my post Save Money by Using a Price List!

http://www.parents.com/blogs/thrifty...amily-of-four/
WitchesChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #5
dakotalady

dakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant futuredakotalady has a brilliant future

Great advice WitchesChild!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Atlee

Atlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations GodAtlee is a White Nations God

When I run a tight budget I use what I call, "The War Board". I list everything from income or outgoing on this dry erase board. I use dollar amounts and percentages. Then with each new receipt the totals change, but when the dollar amount is hit then there is no more spent. Everything becomes need first and want is left in the dust.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply