Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #21
L. H. Menkkken

L. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations God

Glad to see Mr. Moto. Am somewhat amazed you know of this.

Written by Paul Johnson- my good buddy in 1959! (Palos Verdes area of Southern California). He still plays this stuff after all these years, and is supposed to be at the 50th HS reunion in September.

The first surf song (intended to be surf) was either Mr. Moto or Let's Go Trippin' by Dick Dale. The surf beat is aggressive as hell and goes well with WN.

L. H. Menkkken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #22
JIMMY

JIMMY has a spectacular aura aboutJIMMY has a spectacular aura about

JIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #23
JIMMY

Old 07-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #24
JIMMY

Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #25
JIMMY

Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #26
L. H. Menkkken

L. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations GodL. H. Menkkken is a White Nations God
Default I'm only going to say this once

Real surf music is instrumental, with very few exceptions.

Jan and Dean, Beach Boys, and so on- NOT surf music.

One exception- but the song is about the instrument (Guitar):

(Sung by the blossoms- probably negresses!!)

Listen to the king of the surf guitar
Listen, listen to the king

Oh how he can pluck those strings
Oh how he makes you sing

From Balboa to Anaheim
San Bernardino to Riverside
All the kids in all L.A.
Come to hear Dick Dale play

From Balboa to Anaheim
San Bernardino to Riverside
All the kids in all L.A.
Come to hear Dick Dale play

Come on and listen
Come on and listen
Come on and listen

Last edited by L. H. Menkkken; 08-13-2013 at 09:44 PM.
L. H. Menkkken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #27
Randolph Dilloway

Randolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by L. H. Menkkken View Post

Glad to see Mr. Moto. Am somewhat amazed you know of this.

Written by Paul Johnson- my good buddy in 1959! (Palos Verdes area of Southern California). He still plays this stuff after all these years, and is supposed to be at the 50th HS reunion in September.

The first surf song (intended to be surf) was either Mr. Moto or Let's Go Trippin' by Dick Dale. The surf beat is aggressive as hell and goes well with WN.

I like to think of myself as a "connoisseur of music". I am legally deaf now and have been told that before its all over, I will no longer be able to hear. So in the meantime, I am listening to all sorts of music, to store up in my head, for the day when the only "FM radio" I'll be able to "hear" will be located between my two ears. And do you know what is the best part? I will be the disk jockey.
Randolph Dilloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #28
John52

John52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant future

John52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #29
Aldolphus Mueller
Proud Neo-Amish!

Aldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations God

One of the songs I'm learning at the moment for guitar is the Ventures' Walk Don't Run. Pretty easy bar chord rhythm A-G-F-E. At least that's how I'm playing it. Watching and listening to different versions of their live and recorded performances I'll go back and make sure I'm learning the original scored version.

The lead is pretty easy. Essentially a C scale starting on the A string and working up to C on the B string. Overall I've got a ways to go before I can play it at its intended meter without mistakes, or make it sound like the original.

Aside from learning the guitar formally (scales, arpeggios, picking, etc.) as I'm inclined to do having studied trumpet with the intent on majoring in music, learning this and other songs in different genres helps in learning various guitar techniques including the necessary amp settings to get it to sound like the original.

It's safe to say that in this video we're hearing a good bit of delay and maybe a little chorus. Will have to look at their rig setup but that's what I'm hearing aside from the work of their hands and the Strats they eventually went to, but that aren't seen in this video. Not sure what these are. Maybe some Airline type of guitar.

Last edited by Aldolphus Mueller; 10-10-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Aldolphus Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #30
John52

John52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant futureJohn52 has a brilliant future

John52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply