Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-04-2014, 05:01 AM   #1
Paul Bunyan

Paul Bunyan is a jewel in the roughPaul Bunyan is a jewel in the roughPaul Bunyan is a jewel in the roughPaul Bunyan is a jewel in the rough
Default John George Haigh--Christian Serial Killer of 9 Human Beings

Quote:

"It is true to say that I was nurtured on Bible stories but mostly concerned with sacrifice. If by some mischance I did, or said, anything which my father regarded as improper, he would say: 'Do not grieve the Lord by behaving so.' And if I suggested that I wanted to go somewhere, or meet somebody, he would say: 'It will not please the Lord.' "

http://www.serialkillercalendar.com/...lr-quotes.html

Quote:

...were members of the Plymouth Brethren, a conservative Protestant sect who advocated austere lifestyles. He was confined to living within a 10 ft (3 m) fence that his father put up around their garden to lock out the outside world. Haigh would later claim he suffered from recurring religious nightmares in his childhood. Despite these limitations, Haigh developed great proficiency in the piano, which he learned at home.

He used acid not to kill his victims, but in what he believed to be a foolproof method of body disposal: he would dissolve their bodies in concentrated sulphuric acid before forging papers in order to sell their possessions and collect substantial sums of money. During the investigation, it became apparent that Haigh was using the acid to destroy victims' bodies because he misunderstood the term corpus delicti, thinking that if victims' bodies could not be found, then a murder conviction would not be possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_George_Haigh
Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply