General Discussion of White Issues Pick another Category or Post HERE!

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #1
Heimdallr
Administrator

Heimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations God
Default GM reportedly plans to idle Detroit factory over slow demand

Quote:

General Motors (NYSE:GM) will close a Detroit factory for six weeks starting in mid-November due to weak sales, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.

The move will lay off 1,500 workers who work on four models that are in low demand among customers: the Buick LaCrosse, the Cadillac CT-6, the Chevrolet Volt and the Chevrolet Impala, the paper said.

The Detroit-Hamtramck plant will likely produce 20 percent fewer vehicles once production resumes in 2018, the Journal said.

GM declined to comment to the Journal and was not immediately available for comment to CNBC. ~ Source

Click the image to open in full size.

2017 Chevrolet Impala... as shown $36,040

Heimdallr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:14 AM   #2
Heimdallr
Administrator

Heimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations God
Default Re: GM reportedly plans to idle Detroit factory over slow demand

It's not so difficult to understand how GM lost its way when others like Ford weathered the storm foreign competition wrought.

Ford remains well-managed and competitive while GM continues to lose market share... Can anyone say Vega?

Old 10-13-2017, 12:44 AM   #3
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

The kikes made a concerted effort to take over Ford and to diminish Henry Ford's anti jew campaign. They did many things to belittle a great man and to destroy his life's work.

I wouldn't have a Ford if they gave me one.
"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks."
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:07 AM   #4
Heimdallr
Administrator

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred O'Malley View Post

The kikes made a concerted effort to take over Ford and to diminish Henry Ford's anti jew campaign. They did many things to belittle a great man and to destroy his life's work. I wouldn't have a Ford if they gave me one.

I was one of the poor souls who bought a Vega... I've been drivin' German-made cars ever since: 2 Volkswagen Siroccos; 2 Porsche 944 Turbos; 5 BMWs.

Der Fatherland's BMW M6 ... It's called "the ultimate driving machine" for a reason...
It is.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:29 AM   #5
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Nice cars, but I drive a 4WD diesel Z-71 with Allison transmission. I love that truck. It's my 4th. I like being above the fray, with great visibility. I take dirt roads sometimes, a pretty car wouldn't make it.
"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks."
Old 10-13-2017, 02:07 AM   #6
Heimdallr
Administrator

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred O'Malley View Post

Nice cars, but I drive a 4WD diesel Z-71 with Allison transmission. I love that truck. It's my 4th. I like being above the fray, with great visibility. I take dirt roads sometimes, a pretty car wouldn't make it.

Excellent off-road machine, Fred. If you had told me you have the Cummins turbo diesel engine too, I'd be envious... (OOPS! Only available in Doge Ram, I believe)

Me, I've always had the need for speed.

I DO run too hard on the Interstate highways, but what a BLAST to drive an M6... Mobile AL to my home town (272 miles) would typically take me 4-1/2 hours, average 68 mph, to drive if I make two 15 minutes rest stops (I drink WAY too much Red-Bull).

I've driven it in 3 hours flat non-stop, average 91 mph, in the M6 I now drive... I've driven from my home town to Jackson MS (90 miles) in 40 minutes, average 135 mph, many times. Crusin' at 160 seems like 80 in other cars.

Variable valve timing; direct fuel injection; improved electronic ignition; dual overhead camshafts on each cylinder bank (4 total); improved cylinder head design incorporating 4-values-per-cylinder resulting in more efficient fuel intake and exhaust gas flow; twin-turbo-charging, on and on and on...

My M6 gets 560 hp from a 4.4L DOHC 32V Twin-Turbo-powered V-8 small block... Coupled to an 8-speed, close-ratio, dual clutch, F-1 type transmission its top speed is ~190mph. It incorporates all of BMW's latest innovations. For example, Variable valve timing:

The Valvetronic system is a BMW variable valve lift system which, in combination with variable valve timing, allows infinite adjustment of the intake valve timing (when the valve opens) and duration (the length of time the valve stays open). The system claims to improve fuel economy and emissions, and negates the need for a throttle body in regular use.

In 2001, BMW introduced the Valvetronic system on the 316ti compact. Valvetronic has since been added to many of BMW's engines.

The Valvetronic system can continuously and precisely vary intake valve lift, and in addition, the independent Double VANOS system can concurrently vary the timing for both the intake and exhaust valves. The precise control the system has over the intake valves allows for the intake charge to be controlled entirely by the intake valves, eliminating the need for a throttle valve and greatly reducing pumping loss. The reduction of pumping loss accounts for a 10-15% increase in power output and fuel economy.

In other words, you get what you pay for.

2011 BMW 335i w/300 hp, 3.0L I6, Valvetronic Engine

Variable Valve Timing

Old 10-13-2017, 02:34 AM   #7
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

In 1972, I was selling cars for a Ford dealership in New Orleans. I sold a car that was on our lot in Mobile, Al. I had to drive the customer there to deliver the car.

I was driving a Torino Cobra 429 "Cobra Jet" with 2 Holly 4-bbls on a high rise manifold. On the way back to N.O., I let her out. About 5 miles from the MS/LA state line, I topped a hill and there was a radar car. About a half mile down at the bottom of the hill was a catch car. I looked at the odometer and it was marked to 150 mph. The needle was bumping the odometer wall well past 150. I decided not to stop, and pushed the peddle to the floor. The cop at the bottom of the hill got out of his car and waived his smokey hat at me. Needless to say, I flipped him off as I went by. He had no chance. I estimated my speed at around 180. I crossed into LA and got off on side roads, just in case.

The Torino King Cobra with the Boss 429 has been listed on eBay as of 3 May 2014, with a "buy-it-now" price of $599,999.
Post New Thread Reply