Old 11-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God
Default The new Firefox. Fast for good.

Quote:

Today we’re thrilled to introduce you to our brand new browser — Firefox Quantum.

What you’ll notice first is that the new Firefox is blazing fast. In fact, you’ll enjoy speeds up to twice as fast as a year ago. It’s also more powerful. We’ve rebuilt Firefox from the ground up to focus on how you use the Web today to watch, listen, create and play without limits. We’re excited to deliver a browser that feels completely different — modern, quick and efficient. We think you’ll agree: It’s a quantum leap forward in how you’ll experience the internet.

When you use Firefox, you’re also contributing to a movement to ensure the internet remains a global public resource, open and accessible to all. As an independent, not-for-profit organization, we’ve been committed since 2003 to building products that put you in control of your online life and advancing open technology and public policy that promote a healthier internet. We put you at the center of everything we do.

On behalf of Mozilla's global community, we're proud to introduce you to the new Firefox. Fast for good.

Chris Beard
CEO, Mozilla

P.S. If you have any questions, we're always here to help.

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” Orwell
"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks."
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Heimdallr
Administrator/Editor

Heimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations God
Default Mozilla's Firefox web browser just got its biggest update in 13 years – here's what's new

Quote:

- Mozilla released an upgraded version of its Firefox browser on Tuesday.

- Called Quantum, the organization says it's twice as fast as the old version and uses 30% less memory than Google's Chrome browser

- Content recommendations from Pocket have also been fully integrated.

Quote:

It's a good day to be a Firefox diehard. On Tuesday, Mozilla, the non-profit behind the popular browser is launching Quantum, a totally reengineered version of Firefox.

It's the culmination of six years of research and development and a year and a half of engineering work, according to Mozilla CMO Jascha Kaykas-Wolff. And, the company claims, it represents the biggest overhaul of Firefox since 2004.

The biggest change? It's blazing fast, running twice as fast as the Firefox of just six months ago.

Mozilla's engineers totally rebuilt the core engine, giving it brand new "guts," and interacting with 7 million lines of code in the process. Mozilla claims that Quantum also uses 30% less memory than Google's Chrome browser, and is meant for those who surf the net by opening a million different tabs and rapidly switching between all of them. So basically, everyone.

The user interface also got a total overhaul, and users will notice brand new themes, tab designs and menu items. The redesign is part of a larger Mozilla initiative called Photon, an effort by the company to unify and modernize the appearance of everything Firefox... More ... (Business Insider - 14 Nov 2017)

RELATED: The Mozilla Blog - Dispatches from the Internet Frontier

Click the image to open in full size.
Heimdallr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God
Default Re: Mozilla's Firefox web browser just got its biggest update in 13 years – here's what's new

For the record, I installed it and it erased all my bookmarks and I can't get them back. Not only that, but the new version won't record new bookmarks either. There are no bookmarks with the new version.

I installed it and it destroyed all my bookmarks. I had to do a system restore to get them back.
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” Orwell
"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks."
Old 11-15-2017, 02:25 AM   #4
Heimdallr
Administrator/Editor

Heimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations GodHeimdallr is a White Nations God
Default Re: Mozilla's Firefox web browser just got its biggest update in 13 years – here's what's new

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred O'Malley View Post

For the record, I installed it and it erased all my bookmarks and I can't get them back. Not only that, but the new version won't record new bookmarks either. There are no bookmarks with the new version. I installed it and it destroyed all my bookmarks. I had to do a system restore to get them back.

Thanks for the input on that, Fred, I had given serious consideration to trying it. I haven't had good luck with Firefox in the past. My techie friends seem to like Opera, but I just can't get motivated to learn another browser.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #5
Mick Jagger

Mick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations God
Default Re: The new Firefox. Fast for good.

I put Firefox on this laptop when it came to me a while back. A year or two ago. I notice that version doesn't save my bookmarks either. So all the 'important' bookmarks I've been saving all this time is for naught.

Some forms it doesn't interface with either. I had to use a Windows machine with an even older version of Firefox to use them.

Plus Mozilla donates to causes I don't support. Like Antifa. $100K.

I was also wondering about someone. Nothing to do with here or WN. So I searched for them on a random site that compiles info on people. They don't exist, which is kind of what I thought I'd find. So then I looked for me, and damn, found out a lot of things I'd forgotten, but don't think just anyone should be able to know. Then I went looking for some outside of wn that think they're all clandestined and all. They're not. It'll be interesting to see what they have to say about it. I told them but they're asleep right now. The net does way too much talking among itself.
Mick Jagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #6
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Do a system Restore to get your bookmarks back. Then save them to an html folder. If you save them in MS Word, they can be saved as links.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #7
Mick Jagger

Mick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations GodMick Jagger is a White Nations God

I've never created any bookmarks as long as I've had this machine. This version of Firefox never saved any.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #8
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

I used that www.truthfinder.com site to do a search on myself and was surprised at the accuracy. Of course some items were missing, like some properties I own, but that's to be expected. Some people I don't recognize (women's names may have changed) were there.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #9
Heimdallr
Administrator/Editor

Quote: Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post

I've never created any bookmarks as long as I've had this machine. This version of Firefox never saved any.

Typically, I use two different machines on the 'net. One is set up with Firefox, the other with Chrome or IE, whichever the mood happens to strike me at the time. All have benefits AND liabilities.

My techie friends like Opera. I haven't been motivated to use it yet.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:22 AM   #10
Mick Jagger

I may give Opera or Waterfox a try. I hear good things about it too. Will consult with my 'techie' relative.
Post New Thread Reply