Old 05-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
Brooklyn Rick

Brooklyn Rick is just really niceBrooklyn Rick is just really niceBrooklyn Rick is just really niceBrooklyn Rick is just really niceBrooklyn Rick is just really nice

Nice work. Is that maple?
Brooklyn Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #12
Brooklyn Rick

Brooklyn Rick is just really niceBrooklyn Rick is just really niceBrooklyn Rick is just really niceBrooklyn Rick is just really niceBrooklyn Rick is just really nice

Nice work. Is that Maple? I work with maple as well.....
Attached Images
DSC_0081a.jpg (100.5 KB, 4 views)
Brooklyn Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #13
Will Williams

Will Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations God
Default poor man's air conditioner

Finishing my playhouse out back. The problem was to dress up the industrial wall fan so that it wouldn't look like an afterthought in its finished wood surroundings.

It will be covered in winter and packed with insulation. The four little clips on the front of the casing hold in a fitted 3/4" slab of grade A finished plywood.

The mantel on top is a 100+ year old heart pine board scrounged off an old fireplace profile. All the other wood is either from Lowe's or a local lumber yard.

I'd put up a couple of other shots of this to better show scale and context but this image sharing imgur deal apparently only allows one image to go through w/o registering, and I'm unable to register.

Click the image to open in full size.

Pardon the size of the picture. That's almost to scale.
Our task is not to persuade a numerical majority of the American population that we are right but rather to build the numerical minority of those whose values coincide with ours into a majority of will and determination.
-Dr. William L. Pierce, National Alliance Founder, at NA's 1st General Convention September, 1978 http://natall.com/about/what-is-the-national-alliance/

Will Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #14
Maxfield Parrish
Senior Graphics Designer

Maxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations God
Default Maybe You Woodworkers Could Use Your Talents For THE CAUSE...

Mr. Williams: Were you the one who made the National Alliance symbol, as shown here Click the image to open in full size.
Maxfield Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #15
Will Williams

Will Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations GodWill Williams is a White Nations God
Default The Life Rune signifies life, creation, birth, rebirth, and renewal.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maxfield Parrish View Post

Mr. Williams: Were you the one who made the National Alliance symbol, as shown here Click the image to open in full size.

I was. That's the south facing gable of my home, which I built myself -- even milled the lumber and siding, from my own Southern yellow pine trees, with a portable sawmill. That Life Rune is 8' tall, made from 4x6 timber.

Thanks for asking, Max.
Our task is not to persuade a numerical majority of the American population that we are right but rather to build the numerical minority of those whose values coincide with ours into a majority of will and determination.
-Dr. William L. Pierce, National Alliance Founder, at NA's 1st General Convention September, 1978 http://natall.com/about/what-is-the-national-alliance/

Old 07-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
Maxfield Parrish
Senior Graphics Designer

Maxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations GodMaxfield Parrish is a White Nations God

Quote:

"I was. That's the south facing gable of my home, which I built myself -- even milled the lumber and siding, from my own Southern yellow pine trees, with a portable sawmill. That Life Rune is 8' tall, made from 4x6 timber. Thanks for asking, Max."

I'd wondered about the location of the life rune. Anyway, it looks great and probably spawns a lot of comments, even from those who know its meaning. I've also seen photos of the main building of the NA, where I believe there's a large disk-like shield displayed, it too bearing the life rune. Where you behind that one too?

I also came across this old National Youth Alliance shield located HERE:

Old 07-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
Will Williams

Default National Alliance symbol

Quote: Originally Posted by Maxfield Parrish View Post

I'd wondered about the location of the life rune. Anyway, it looks great and probably spawns a lot of comments, even from those who know its meaning.

No, I live on a secluded mountain and the house can barely be seen from the road. The Life Rune is on the back so is not seen by anyone unless I invite them back there. It's visible, of course, from inside where the top is 20+ feet up from the lower floor level.

Quote:

I've also seen photos of the main building of the NA, where I believe there's a large disk-like shield displayed, it too bearing the life rune. Where you behind that one too?

You mean this one:

Nope, Dr. Pierce was behind that one, or in front of it, actually. It's fabricated from metal. I hear it's starting to rust these days as a result of not being maintained. Tsk, tsk!

This might be the "disk-like shield" you refer to:

That was made by an Alliance member, a professional actor from New York City who also enjoyed carpentry. I forget his name, but remember his making it and presenting it to the Alliance. All wood, and very polished -- perfect for the front of the podium.

Quote:

I also came across this old National Youth Alliance shield located HERE:

Quote:

I've seen that but can't tell you anything about it's history. The NYA (1971-74) preceded the NA. That was before my time.

Max, You might enjoy this article about the history and significance of the Life Rune: http://williamlutherpierce.blogspot....e-rune-by.html

Old 07-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #18
Maxfield Parrish
Senior Graphics Designer

I read the history of the Life Rune and learned a lot. I also now understand why William Pierce chose this particular symbol for the NA. Even the Third Reich made use of it, something I also didn't know. I've copied an image below:

Post New Thread Reply