Old 08-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Defiance

Defiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations God
Default New Users?

What's the deal with the number of "total members" here? I think you know what I mean.

It seems like as soon as most registrations are entered, they are just as quickly deleted. The overall number of new members doesn't seem to be growing at all.

Required Reading and Viewing
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
HK91

HK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant futureHK91 has a brilliant future

They're bots. It happens at every forum, here it's just more visible.
HK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by Defiance View Post

What's the deal with the number of "total members" here? I think you know what I mean.

It seems like as soon as most registrations are entered, they are just as quickly deleted. The overall number of new members doesn't seem to be growing at all.

Our good friend Varg has directed spam bots to our site. We are deleting them as they come, that's why all the number discrepancies.

Summer is always a slow period for newbies to register. We may have other problems Varg caused us, that we aren't aware of as yet.
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
Thomas Volker

Thomas Volker is on a distinguished road

I too, noticed that! Weird username like that 'dmajdapttad' were registered, had to be bots. When i registered, noticed that the security weren't tough enough. I think 'normal' registration must be banned and instead made on request...
Old 08-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas Volker View Post

I too, noticed that! Weird username like that 'dmajdapttad' were registered, had to be bots. When i registered, noticed that the security weren't tough enough. I think 'normal' registration must be banned and instead made on request...

Those are computer generated names and are all bots.

We used to just let folks join and post at once. Now they must all be approved.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Defiance

Defiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations GodDefiance is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred O'Malley View Post

Our good friend Varg has directed spam bots to our site. We are deleting them as they come, that's why all the number discrepancies.

Summer is always a slow period for newbies to register. We may have other problems Varg caused us, that we aren't aware of as yet.

The Varg? WHY WOULD HE DO SUCH A THING?!?!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Quote: Originally Posted by Defiance View Post

The Varg? WHY WOULD HE DO SUCH A THING?!?!

Because he is a cowardly little twisted and vicious jerk. That's the only reason I can come up with. He demonstrated those traits when I was on that site, many times.

Moral cowardice is usually laced with a simmering viciousness, ready to unleash havoc for little or no reason. Those people hate their lives and they especially hate those who've done a better job of managing their existence than they have.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
Clinton Adolph Seeber
Banned

Clinton Adolph Seeber has much to be proud ofClinton Adolph Seeber has much to be proud ofClinton Adolph Seeber has much to be proud ofClinton Adolph Seeber has much to be proud ofClinton Adolph Seeber has much to be proud ofClinton Adolph Seeber has much to be proud ofClinton Adolph Seeber has much to be proud ofClinton Adolph Seeber has much to be proud of

Because he is a cowardly little twisted and vicious jerk. That's the only reason I can come up with. He demonstrated those traits when I was on that site, many times.

Moral cowardice is usually laced with a simmering viciousness, ready to unleash havoc for little or no reason. Those people hate their lives and they especially hate those who've done a better job of managing their existence than they have.

John52 is a prime example.
Clinton Adolph Seeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
Randolph Dilloway

Randolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations GodRandolph Dilloway is a White Nations God

The closest person that I could get to Varg told me that he spends most of his time playing video games.

Your analysis is not too far off the mark.
Randolph Dilloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:31 AM   #10
Defiance

Default Re: New Users?

Any theory as to why the number of active users is steadily declining, and any idea how to see this trend reversed? It's rather depressing, actually.

By the way, how's it going with that server switch?

Post New Thread Reply