Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
Aldolphus Mueller
Proud Neo-Amish!

Aldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations God
Default Why is the TOR network blocked here?

Tried to view the forums from another computer using the TOR network and it said "The administator has banned your IP address." Wouldn't it be beneficial for people to be able to view or log in using TOR? Under certain circumstances it would be necessary for some.

I do not provide legal advice. If you need legal advice see a lawyer
Aldolphus Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by Aldolphus Mueller View Post

Tried to view the forums from another computer using the TOR network and it said "The administator has banned your IP address." Wouldn't it be beneficial for people to be able to view or log in using TOR? Under certain circumstances it would be necessary for some.

Rev Cambeul will be along to fix it.
"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks."
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
Rev.Cambeul
Creativity Alliance

Rev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations God

I checked and I doubt that it's TOR that's banned. It's just that IP that has been banned - probably because of some past pest that was using that particular IP (which is a Proxy), with or without TOR.

If you are ever using TOR again, choose another Proxy, and another if need be; they can't all be banned.

Cailen.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #4
Aldolphus Mueller
Proud Neo-Amish!

Aldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations GodAldolphus Mueller is a White Nations God

Seems to be working now. Installed Orbot, the TOR app for Android phones and set up a specific browser for TOR use only. Use another browser when I don't care or need to look something up quickly although TOR on the phone is much quicker than on my computer. I'm getting speeds using TOR that rival my home Internet on the phone using 4G over the TOR network.

Put a custom ROM on my phone which removes the all of the carrier's garbage. Custom Android ROMs provide you with the ability to use the hidden AppOps section of the operating system not available on a phone straight out of the box which allows one to pretty much lock down the phone as much as it can be locked down.

For example, I've turned off the location 'feature' for everything. Why does the clock need access to the camera? Hhrm... Well I turned off the camera function in the clock app and many other programs as well.

No more Over The Air (OTA) carrier updates to screw my phone either with a custom ROM. Also installed Android Firewall and only allow those apps I need at a given time from calling out. A bit inconvenient but I know what's connecting to the network in most cases. And these custom ROMS are open source so people know what's being put on their phone because they can look at the code itself.

If you have an Android phone be sure to turn off your data and wifi connections unless you need either as this will prevent your apps from connecting to those networks and save your battery life. You can still receive phone calls and text messages without those turned on. And if you're really feeling techie you might consider installing a custom ROM on your phone although it's not something for a newbie. It will take some research.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:37 PM   #5
Rev.Cambeul
Creativity Alliance

Rev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations GodRev.Cambeul is a White Nations God

All good then.

Incidentally, for those wanting to take control of their Android products but not into installing custom ROMs, try Rooting it ... meaning to give you permission to access the Root Directory and other sections that the manufacturer blocks.

Once Rooted, obtain a program to deal with Bloat-ware, decide what you need or want to keep and uninstall the rest, and change the settings or prevent from auto-starting anything you do keep, but don't need running 100% of the time or accessing your camera and such things.

BTW Notice the Twitter button at the top left? If you have Twitter, make sure to click on the button and Follow WNForum. YouTube, Google+, Facebook and several others can also be added ... It's all up to Fred.

Cailen.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #6
Aldolphus Mueller
Proud Neo-Amish!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rev.Cambeul View Post

Incidentally, for those wanting to take control of their Android products but not into installing custom ROMs, try Rooting it ... meaning to give you permission to access the Root Directory and other sections that the manufacturer blocks.

A word of caution here. If you root your Android phone and your carrier sends an Over The Air (OTA) update for the operating system it will render your phone useless ('brick it'). I've had two Android phones rendered useless in the last two months and both were rooted. The only way to avoid this issue is to install a custom ROM but it must first be rooted, a recovery installed, your phone's original ROM backed up, and then the custom ROM of your choice installed.

Fortunately, the most recent phone I had to purchase just days before Christmas was still within the return grace period so I was able to return it for another one although I added a little extra and got a better phone this time.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:56 PM   #7
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Quote: Originally Posted by Rev.Cambeul View Post

All good then.

Once Rooted, obtain a program to deal with Bloat-ware, decide what you need or want to keep and uninstall the rest, and change the settings or prevent from auto-starting anything you do keep, but don't need running 100% of the time or accessing your camera and such things.

BTW Notice the Twitter button at the top left? If you have Twitter, make sure to click on the button and Follow WNForum. YouTube, Google+, Facebook and several others can also be added ... It's all up to Fred.

Cailen.

Actually, top right. I don't know anything about that stuff, I trust your judgement on those things, Cailen. Do what you think is best for the site
"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks."
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #8
Rev.Cambeul
Creativity Alliance

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred O'Malley View Post

Actually, top right. ... I trust your judgement on those things, Cailen. Do what you think is best for the site

Yes, I'd already moved it over so it wouldn't conflict with the WN Banner to the left.
Post New Thread Reply