Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #1
WNF News Bot
DANGER, WHITE PEOPLE! BEWARE OF NIGGERS!

WNF News Bot is on a distinguished road
Default Top 10 Best Places to Buy MREs (How To Buy Any Ration Pack) Meal Ready To Eat Sources

from Steve1989 MREinfo:

More...
WNF News Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
Mercury Rising Jacobite
Administrator

Mercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant future
Default Re: Top 10 Best Places to Buy MREs (How To Buy Any Ration Pack) Meal Ready To Eat Sources

They say it's "illegal" to sell or purchase official military MRE's due to the fact they are U.S. government property, but I have seen a few that have been "promulgated" and are still considered unexpired and fine to consume.

In addition, the civilian commercial market produces some great MRE alternatives that are a delicacy to eat compared to the shit they had us eating out in the field.

I've often considered investing in the MRE market because of the high demand, but I would be interested of at least an 18% return over three year period. Preppers, militias, and isolated communities would be a strong consumer target, while the private sales would insure confidentiality.
Mercury Rising Jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God
Default Re: Top 10 Best Places to Buy MREs (How To Buy Any Ration Pack) Meal Ready To Eat Sources

MREs are good for about 5 years, if kept in a cool dark environment. Canned goods are good for 30 years, and they are a hell of a lot cheaper. Yes, they contain water so they are heavier, but most preppers aren't going to backpack them anywhere.

I have MREs, cases of them, but my primary food preps are cans, kept in sealed drums, with Oxygen absorbers and desiccant. They won't rust away. I also have the means to produce fresh veggies on a large scale, hunt and fish for meat.

My main concern is drug zombies during the first 120 days of collapse. I can defend my perimeter. If it's a short slog, good. If it's a long slog, I can make it. I believe I have all the bases covered.
Fred O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
Mercury Rising Jacobite
Administrator

Mercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant futureMercury Rising Jacobite has a brilliant future

I can sympathize for any prepper who resides near a metropolitan area and the concerns for drug zombies raiding the medicine cabinets for anything to cure a fix or robbing those who possess valuables in exchange for the scarce drugs or prescritions that might still be available during an all out collapse of our infrastructure.

I have a theory that the drug zombies will thin each other out before they reach my front door.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Fred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations GodFred O'Malley is a White Nations God

Your theory is sound, but you must prepare for the straggler.

Humans are the most dangerous of all the animals. Druggies aren't patient, that makes them vulnerable, as does their inability to reason well in DTs.

I guess the real greatest threat will come from uniformed thugs that pretend the force of law to loot your preps. In a collapse, I don't care what clothes you're wearing, I defend my pos with deadly force, if necessary.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:49 PM   #6
Mercury Rising Jacobite
Administrator

Well stated.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #7
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

These are the drums I use. I buy them for $25 apiece. I use a drum liner and once filled (with oxygen absorbers & desiccant included) I close them and caulk the seal with Polyurethane sealant. I made the mistake of using totes on some of my first preps, and ruined them due to temp changes and moisture from the air. Now that's not a problem.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:26 PM   #8
Mercury Rising Jacobite
Administrator

Excellent idea.

We don't have the issue you do with moisture in MT, but I do like the concept of placing our inventory in stackable barrels for easy storage. Place three or four barrels on a single pallet and we have these industrial bands made of rubber that keep them banded during lifting and stacking operations.

We do however like the 270 gallon square Totes for fresh water. They have reinforced aluminum frames and fork accessible bottoms....in addition 2" flow valves and 8" screwable top lids.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #9
Fred O'Malley
I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN

Quote: Originally Posted by Mercury Rising Jacobite View Post

We do however like the 270 gallon square Totes for fresh water. They have reinforced aluminum frames and fork accessible bottoms....in addition 2" flow valves and 8" screwable top lids.

Yeah, those 270s are great for water storage. You can also do a cistern system using them to capture rain water, but place a filter on the nozzle to filter out bird shit, as it can really be deadly to those with weakened immune systems.

On the discharge, I have reverse osmosis filters with a charcoal pre-filter. On the intake, use a screen for leaves & pine straw, that drops into a sand filter just before going into the 270. The result is sweet water, better than city water and safer. You can make sand and charcoal filters easily with 5 gallon buckets.

One thing I'm lacking is a chainsaw sawmill. I have lots of pine at the bug-out, but I'd have to use whole logs without one. Too heavy for easy use. I do have alternate housing. You can use a debris mound to cover a tent, for concealment and insulation.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:45 AM   #10
Mercury Rising Jacobite
Administrator

Excellent advice on the filter system to capture rain water, while we have been spared a drought in MT since 2010,but who knows what next year will bring...

I've seen some great ideas online for an inexpensive sawmill and YouTube has a guy who mills his own lumber using his own wooden frame design and a chainsaw that he just clamps and slides as he cuts...it's a little bulky, but works great.
Post New Thread Reply