Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kate Steinle trial: Garcia Zarate acquitted in San Francisco pier killing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Heimdallr
    Administrator/Editor
    • May 2013
    • 1016

    Kate Steinle trial: Garcia Zarate acquitted in San Francisco pier killing

    A homeless man whose undocumented immigration status intensified a national debate over the ethics of sanctuary laws was acquitted of murder and manslaughter charges Thursday in the shooting of Kate Steinle as she strolled with her father on Pier 14 to take in a view of San Francisco Bay.
    In returning its verdict on the sixth day of deliberations, the San Francisco Superior Court jury also found Jose Ines Garcia Zarate not guilty of assault with a firearm, apparently seeing credence in defense attorneys’ argument that the shot that ricocheted off the concrete ground was an accident, with the gun discharging after the defendant stumbled upon it on the waterfront.

    The panel convicted Garcia Zarate, 45, of a single lesser charge of being a felon in possession of a gun. The charge carries possible sentences of 16 months, two years or three years in state prison. Garcia Zarate — who has already served well over two years in jail and gets credit for that time — will be sentenced at a date not yet determined... More ... (SF Gat/MSN - 30 Nov 2017)
    RELATED: Kate Steinle Murder Verdict: Angel Families ‘Devastated’ by ‘HUGE Slap’ in the Face ... (Breitbart - 1 Dec 2017)

    A jury found seven-time felon, five times deported illegal alien Jose Garcia Zarate not guilty in the case of the 2015 murder of Kate Steinle Thursday evening.

    The only count Zarate was found guilty on was felony possession of a weapon.

    Thirty-two-year-old Steinle was shot and killed on a pier in San Francisco in 2015 while walking with her father. Her final words were pleas to her father for help, as she died in his arms.

    Zarate faces a maximum sentence of three years for the weapons charge, according to Breitbart News’ Joel Pollak. The time Zarate has served thus far will likely be factored in as time already served on the sentence, meaning he will likely be released soon.
    Five-Times-Deported Illegal Alien Jose Zarate Found Not Guilty in Murder of Kate Steinle

  • Heimdallr
    Administrator/Editor
    • May 2013
    • 1016

    #2
    Report: DOJ May File Federal Charges in Kate Steinle Murder Case

    The Department of Justice may bring federal charges against the illegal immigrant acquitted in the murder of Kate Steinle, according to a new report.

    Fox News reported that the DOJ is considering an option to prosecute Jose Ines Garcia Zarate in federal court for the 2015 death. A jury in San Francisco found Garcia Zarate not guilty of murder, manslaughter, and assault charges Thursday, although he was found guilty of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

    Garcia Zarate had been deported five times and was wanted for a sixth deportation back to Mexico at the time of Steinle's death, which occurred on a pier. Prosecutors argued that Garcia Zarate intentionally fired the weapon and killed Steinle, while the defense said it was an accidental shooting.

    DOJ officials told Fox News Garcia Zarate could now be tried in federal court.

    San Francisco's status as a sanctuary city, which means it does not enforce all federal immigration laws, was exploited after the death and during the trial.

    President Donald Trump referenced the incident while arguing for a border wall and to spotlight sanctuary cities during the presidential campaign.

    Attorney General Jeff Sessions reacted to Thursday's verdict in a statement, saying sanctuary cities put Americans at risk.
    "San Francisco's decision to protect criminal aliens led to the preventable and heartbreaking death of Kate Steinle," Sessions said. "While the State of California sought a murder charge for the man who caused Ms. Steinle's death — a man who would not have been on the streets of San Francisco if the city simply honored an ICE detainer — the people ultimately convicted him of felon in possession of a firearm.

    "I urge the leaders of the nation's communities to reflect on the outcome of this case and consider carefully the harm they are doing to their citizens by refusing to cooperate with federal law enforcement officers."

    Trump ripped Thursday's verdict in a series of Twitter posts... More ... (Newsmax - 1 Dec 2017)
    RELATED: Kate Steinle's Mother: Sanctuary Cities' Law Has 'Gotten Totally Crazy' (Newsmax - 1 Dec 2017)
    BELOW: This July 17, 2015, file photo shows flowers and a portrait of Kate Steinle displayed at a memorial site on Pier 14 in San Francisco, Calif. The bullet that killed Kate Steinle two years ago ricocheted off the ground about 100 yards away before hitting her in the back and later launching a criminal case at the center of a national immigration debate. A San Francisco police officer who helped supervise the investigation testified about the bullet’s trajectory Monday, Oct. 30, 2017 at Zarate's trial.

    Comment

    • Heimdallr
      Administrator/Editor
      • May 2013
      • 1016

      #3
      Kate Steinle Murder Verdict: Angel Families ‘Devastated’ by ‘HUGE Slap’ in the Face

      Americans whose loved ones have been killed by illegal aliens expressed devastation on Thursday after illegal alien Jose Garcia Zarate was found not guilty of murdering 32-year-old Kate Steinle.

      A jury found Jose Garcia Zarate “not guilty” on charges for the 2015 killing of Steinle. Zarate, previously using the alias Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, was found guilty on a charge of possessing a firearm. He previously admitted to killing Steinle and traveling to San Francisco for its sanctuary status. The young woman was walking on San Francisco’s Pier 14 with her father when she was shot in the back and killed. Her last words were pleas to her father for help as she died in his arms. Zarate had been convicted of seven felonies and deported five times at the time of Steinle’s death.

      Sabine Durden, legal immigrant and mother of slain 911 operator Dominic Durden, wrote, “devastated &can’t believe NO GUILTY verdict. My heart cries w the Steinle family &all of us who know their pain.Illegals get away w murder.” She also replied to a tweet, calling the verdict not only an insult to “all Americans,” but also “legal immigrants.” ... More ... (Breitbart - 30 Nov 2017)
      RELATED: Mom Whose Son Was Killed by Illegal Immigrant on Steinle Verdict: Build Wall, Defund Sanctuary Cities Now ... (Fox News - 1 Dec 2017)

      Comment

      • Heimdallr
        Administrator/Editor
        • May 2013
        • 1016

        #4
        Immigration anger builds against San Francisco after verdict

        SAN FRANCISCO — The attacks on San Francisco and other cities with similar immigration policies began moments after a jury acquitted a Mexican man charged with killing a woman on a popular pier.

        President Donald Trump called the verdict a “complete travesty of justice,” and U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions demanded cities like San Francisco scrap immigration policies barring cooperation with federal deportation efforts.

        Thousands of Twitter users turned to the hashtag #BoycottSanFrancisco. Conservative politicians and celebrities such as former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and actor James Woods lambasted the city.

        City officials pushed back and vowed to stand behind their so-called sanctuary city policy. It’s what led Garcia Zarate to be released from San Francisco’s jail despite a federal request to detain him for deportation several weeks before Kate Steinle was fatally shot in the back in 2015. He had been deported five times before.

        “San Francisco is and always will be a sanctuary city,” said Ellen Canale, a spokeswoman for Mayor Ed Lee.

        It was among the first U.S. cities to establish a sanctuary law in 1989 as part of a national wave of cities adopting policies to help Central American refugees... More ... (AP-Associated Press - 1 Dec 2017)
        RELATED: Trump resumes calls for border wall in response to Kate Steinle murder trial verdict ... (The Hill / MSN - 1 Dec 2017)

        Comment

        • Heimdallr
          Administrator/Editor
          • May 2013
          • 1016

          #5
          Arrest warrant issued for undocumented immigrant acquitted in Kate Steinle killing

          A federal warrant has been issued for the arrest of a Mexican immigrant acquitted Thursday evening of murder charges in the 2015 killing of Kate Steinle.

          Steinle's death has been taken up by opponents of so-called sanctuary cities. They argue that stricter immigration enforcement would have kept Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, who is residing in the U.S. illegally and was deported five separate times before the 2015 shooting, off the streets.

          The arrest warrant unsealed in the Western District of Texas by the Justice Department on Friday accuses Zarate of violating his supervised release.

          Zarate was released from jail in 2015, despite a federal immigration detainer request. Months after his release, he allegedly shot and killed Steinle on a pier in San Francisco.

          Zarate was acquitted on Thursday of murder and manslaughter charges after a weekslong trial. He was convicted on a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

          President Trump seized on Steinle's killing as a presidential candidate, pointing to it as an example of the need to strengthen immigration laws. He chimed in on the subject after the verdict was announced Thursday night, calling it "disgraceful."

          "No wonder the people of our Country are so angry with Illegal Immigration," Trump tweeted.

          The Justice Department is also considering federal charges from Steinle's death.
          “We’re looking at every option and we will prosecute this to the fullest extent available under the law because these cases are tragic and entirely preventable,” Sarah Isgur Flores, the department’s director of public affairs, said on “Fox and Friends.”

          In a statement issued shortly after the verdict was rendered on Thursday, Tom Homan, the deputy director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said the agency would “work to take custody of Mr. Garcia Zarate and ultimately remove him from the country." ~ Source ~ (The Hill - 04:18 PM EST - 1 Dec 2017)
          RELATED: Trump resumes calls for border wall in response to Kate Steinle murder trial verdict ... (The Hill / MSN - 1 Dec 2017)

          Comment

          Latest Posts

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Fred O'Malley, 15 minutes ago
          0 responses
          3 views
          0 likes
          Last Post Fred O'Malley  
          Started by Fred O'Malley, 42 minutes ago
          0 responses
          3 views
          0 likes
          Last Post Fred O'Malley  
          Started by Fred O'Malley, 1 hour ago
          0 responses
          5 views
          0 likes
          Last Post Fred O'Malley  
          Started by Fred O'Malley, 1 hour ago
          0 responses
          3 views
          0 likes
          Last Post Fred O'Malley  
          Started by WNF News Bot, 2 hours ago
          0 responses
          2 views
          0 likes
          Last Post WNF News Bot  
          LEGAL NOTICE: 
White Nations Forum is a Professional, Non-Violent, Progressive Pro-White Community. 
We promote White Civil Rights, White Self-Determination, and White Liberation via 100% legal activism. 
We do not promote, tolerate nor incite illegal activity. 
Signed Fred O'Malley (Owner)
          Working...
          X