• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fred O'Malley
    I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
    • Apr 2013

Vietnam: A television history - american experience

Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
    “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight
  • Heimdallr
    Administrator/Editor
    • May 2013

Re: Vietnam: A television history - american experience

Originally posted by Fred O'Malley View Post
    Vietnam: A television history - american experience
    I watched Ken Burns' multi-part 'Vietnam' series on PBS... It wasn't easy to watch, but confirmed pretty much what I suspected all along, especially LBJ's and Robert McNamara's incompetence. John Kennedy was right about Johnson, a total ignoramus.

I recommended the series to acquaintances of mine, none of whom wanted the truth confirmed to them. They preferred to forget about it, like a bad dream. So here we are in the 16th year of military occupation in Afghanistan.
    "Those who cannot learn from the past are condemned to repeat it." ~ George Santayana

"History teaches that history teaches us nothing." ~ Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

Lyndon Baines Johnson
    27 Aug 1908 – 22 Jan 1973
    36th President of the United States
    22 Nov 1963 – 20 Jan 1969

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
      I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
      • Apr 2013

Re: Vietnam: A television history - american experience

Lady Byrd Johnson took a failing Brown & Root Construction Co. and the failing Johnson Ranch, and made them both profitable. Vietnam was a boon to them, that's why in went on and on.
      Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
      Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
      “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by WNF News Bot, 3 hours ago
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post WNF News Bot  
      Started by WNF News Bot, 4 hours ago
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post WNF News Bot  
      Started by WNF News Bot, 4 hours ago
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post WNF News Bot  
      Started by WNF News Bot, 5 hours ago
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post WNF News Bot  
      Started by fdtwainth, 1 day ago
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post fdtwainth  
      LEGAL NOTICE: 
White Nations Forum is a Professional, Non-Violent, Progressive Pro-White Community. 
We promote White Civil Rights, White Self-Determination, and White Liberation via 100% legal activism. 
We do not promote, tolerate nor incite illegal activity. 
Signed Fred O'Malley (Owner)
      Working...
      X