• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fred O'Malley
    I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
    • Apr 2013

Preparing Venison Cajun style

Stuff a fresh (unfrozen) rump roast (you get two from a back leg 4 all together) stuff it with at least one whole clove of garlic. Follow the garlic in each hole with a jalapeno pepper slice (hot or mild doesn't matter, I prefer hot) then push a 1/4 slice of bacon behind the pepper. USE NO SALT OR ANYTHING WHICH CONTAINS SALT. Dry rub fresh cracked black pepper all over it. Drape bacon slices to cover the roast and bake in a covered pan 2&1/2 - 3 hours on 350 degrees. Remove the roast and slice thin. Place the slices in a covered pot with beef Au Jus (thin) gravy. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, turning the slices often to assure they all take the gravy. Retain the peppers & garlic throughout. For a really tasty roast, baste with Zesty Italian dressing while roasting. Serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie. Have a good hardy bread for sopping gravy. Bon Appetit!!

NOTE: I usually take the bones out after baking to make slicing easier and they have served their purpose of flavoring by then. I bake on a wire rack and once the Italian is used up I baste with drippings.

You can basically do the same with steaks, using a paste of pepper, garlic & jalapeno between them and tying them together with baker's string.

When I butcher a deer, I get 4 standing rib roasts, 4 rump roasts, a neck roast, and ribs; the rest I chop into stew meat. I grind it later if I need it for chili or burgers. For burgers, I mix with ground pork. My deer patties have garlic paste (by nuking garlic pod) diced jalapeno and black pepper. I use Italian dressing in the gravy if I make salsbury steaks. For an extra clean taste, grate some lemon rind and add a little to the patty meat.

When I do ribs, I use dry rub and low heat. I never apply BBQ sauce, leaving that to the individual at the table. It helps the ribs, if you cut them into short pieces, and soak them in crab boil over night. The crab boil is prepared by boiling 2 tbl spoons of Zatarain's powdered crab boil in a 2 quart pan for at least 5 minutes, then allow it to cool to around 100 degrees and place the ribs in. Let it finish cooling then put in the frig over night. I leave the brisket on the ribs for meatier dining.
    Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
    “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Reynolds, 2 hours ago
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Reynolds  
Started by WNF News Bot, 2 hours ago
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post WNF News Bot  
Started by Reynolds, 8 hours ago
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post Reynolds  
Started by WNF News Bot, 4 hours ago
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post WNF News Bot  
Started by WNF News Bot, 4 hours ago
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post WNF News Bot  
LEGAL NOTICE: 
White Nations Forum is a Professional, Non-Violent, Progressive Pro-White Community. 
We promote White Civil Rights, White Self-Determination, and White Liberation via 100% legal activism. 
We do not promote, tolerate nor incite illegal activity. 
Signed Fred O'Malley (Owner)
Working...
X