X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhiteBear
    • Aug 2016

Was Rock and Roll invented by blacks?

I just came upon a couple of websites, where it is claimed that Rock and Roll music has African roots being invented by negroes and the real king was not Elvis, but Chuck Berry and Ray Charles. That might be true for the repetitive drum banging in rock music, but the haunting, melodious guitar riffs and sounds were definitely influenced by European classical and even some folk music as I read it on Wikipedia. Also the great propagators and masters of rock and Heavy Metal were mostly white British and American bands whom popularized the genre and produced the greatest hits such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Aerosmith, Guns & Roses etc. and some other European and white Australian bands such as AC/DC. So negroes claiming to invent it, they only had a part as far as simple, primitive African influenced church music which had some influence, but did not shape it further as much as European instrumental influences.
  • Fred O'Malley
    I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
    • Apr 2013

Re: Was Rock and Roll invented by blacks?

Composing quality music is similar to mechanical or chemical engineering, blacks can make noise, but only Europeans have the capacity to create classical, heirloom music.
    Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
    “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Legal Notice
    Working...
    X