Adam Goldstein - 2nd Vice President
    Michael Cohen - Treasurer
    Karl Bratin - Assistant Treasurer
    Karla Bendor - Recording/
    Corresponding Secretary
    Rena Linder - Financial Secretary
    Susan Wax - Membership

http://www.bethel-nl.org/about.html
    "The war we are fighting for our race is one that is being fought against our enemies over who will capture the hearts and the minds of our own people."

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• Lionel Mandrake
      • Aug 2013

ynetnews.com

Jewish food: Herring and chopped liver

As a person who grew up in US, Deanne Linder remembers food as something which defined her as Jewish. Ahead of Yom Kippur, she shares recipes for two of Jewish kitchen's main symbols

Deanna Linder
      Published: 10.06.11, 13:11 / Israel Culture

Growing up in the States, to be defined as Jewish, you had to fulfill certain criteria. As in all places and religions, there were different levels of observing and in our community it goes as follows.

There are the Orthodox, who generally stick to their own, there are the conservatives who send their kids to Jewish school, go to synagogue on the High Holidays and sometimes on Fridays and there are the reform who go to synagogue only the high holidays.

Then there are those who call themselves Jewish, and practice their Judaism only through food- having dinner on the holidays and visiting the Jewish deli.

I grew up somewhere in between the last three categories. I went to Jewish school, but only to synagogue on high holidays (if that), and ate a lot at the Jewish deli.

Ahead of Yom Kippur, I decided to share with our readers some very “Jewish” food.

Chopped liver is one of those foods which took me some time to like. I may have tasted it a few times before I moved to Israel and was never a huge fan, and then I came here and tasted my mother-in-law’s chopped liver.

There is chopped liver and there is Gingit’s (yes that is her name) chopped liver. I called her to tell her I needed the recipe to post on my blog, and she said that she doesn’t have a recipe – she just knows how to make it.

So I bought the ingredients and let her create her magic, while I documented how much goodness actually went into this delicacy so that I could share with our readers.

Gingit’s chopped liver

Ingredients for 6-8 servings:

¼ cup canola oil
      2 large onions, coarsely sliced
      500 grams/1 pound chicken livers, trimmed and cleaned
      5 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
      1 slice, challah bread, crust removed
      Salt and fresh ground pepper

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...131836,00.html
      "The war we are fighting for our race is one that is being fought against our enemies over who will capture the hearts and the minds of our own people."

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• Lionel Mandrake
        • Aug 2013

Jewish artist Carl Bennett Linder's portrait of Henry Ford

History Mystery: Carl Bennett Linder – portrait painter to the Ford family

Posted: March 7, 2012 by: Charles Sable

Recently, while searching through our painting collection for portraits of Henry and Clara Ford, I came across two created in 1926 by an artist named Carl Bennett Linder. Displayed at Henry and Clara Ford’s Fair Lane home, these portraits came to Henry Ford Museum in 1951, following Clara’s death.

A search of our collections database revealed that we actually own nine canvases by Mr. Linder – all portraits of the Ford family. Curious, I searched the Ford family papers, where I found letters and receipts spanning from 1924 to 1936 for an even larger group of paintings of the extended Ford family: Henry and Clara’s son, Edsel, and his wife, Eleanor; the Ford grandchildren; and even a portrait of Mrs. William Clay, Eleanor Ford’s mother. Mr. Linder was apparently a favorite artist of Henry and Clara, as he produced several portraits of them over the years.

The Ford papers also contain catalogues of Linder’s exhibits, including the prestigious Knoedler Gallery in New York, where Mr. Linder exhibited in 1920, 1926 and 1942; several catalogues feature photos of the Fords as well as other industrialists. Clearly, Mr. Linder – although little known today – was an important society portrait artist in the 1920s and 1930s.

The accompanying exhibit catalogue essays indicated that Mr. Linder was born in Helsinki, Finland, and lived in New York City but spent significant time each year traveling in Europe. His name appears in most online art databases and biographical dictionaries – but interestingly, no death date is listed. This was turning out to be quite a mystery! I knew I had to explore further.

After a string of online search failures, Carl Bennett Linder surprisingly turned up on a Jewish genealogy website as Sam Linder – born in Helsinki, Finland, on the same date as Carl Bennett Linder. At age nine, Sam Linder immigrated to Chicago in 1895 with his family (which included seven siblings). Now we were getting somewhere.

Tracing Sam proved fascinating. He appeared in the 1900 census at age 13, as an office clerk in Chicago. By 1910, at age 23, he was still in Chicago but was now listed as a portrait painter. In 1920, at age 33, his name changed to Carl Bennett Linder – and his new residence? New York.

Mr. Linder’s last exhibition was at the Knoedler Galleries in 1942. A copy of the exhibit brochure is included with the Ford family papers in our collection; on the cover, Linder handwrote a personal note to Clara Ford, inviting her to the show in New York and concluding by wishing her and Mr. Ford well.

The last letter in the Ford papers dates to 1943, when Ford’s secretary, Frank Campsall, wrote to Mr. Linder, inquiring about the dates of Linder’s many portraits of the family. In his response, Mr. Linder apologized for any delay as his mail was being forwarded to his new home in Rye, New York. He apparently remained in Rye, as the online Social Security Death Index reveals that Sam Linder died there in 1981.

What emerges from this sleuthing is a 20th-century American immigrant story. To achieve success, Linder gave up some of his past, thereby creating a bit of a mystery for researchers. But for me, as a curator interested in studying objects for what they say about the past, solving this mystery is a great satisfaction.

Charles Sable is curator of decorative arts at The Henry Ford; he enjoys a good mystery, whether in a book, movie, but especially in the museum’s collections.

http://blog.thehenryford.org/2012/03...e-ford-family/

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• Fire Dog
          Banned
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Lionel Mandrake View Post

Son fights to move mother from Christian cemetery

By Marcus Dysch, July 29, 2010

A bereaved son has described his frustration after an unsuccessful three-year battle to have his mother's body moved from a Christian cemetery to a Jewish resting place.

Eugene Linder's late mother, Biba Skodnik, is buried in Finland. He has pleaded with the country's Prime Minister and President to allow him to reinter her in Switzerland, where his family now lives.

But despite the assistance of London-based Rabbi Aba Dunner of the Conference of European Rabbis, Mr Linder has failed to receive permission from the Finnish authorities to move her.

Mrs Skodnik died in 2007 while the family was living in Tampere, Finland. With no Jewish cemetery available and unable to afford to transfer her body to a different city, Mr Linder was forced to bury his mother in a Christian cemetery in the city.

He has since moved to Bern, Switzerland, and hopes to have his mother reinterred there in a family plot at a Jewish cemetery.

Mr Linder said: "I would like my mother to be buried here in our family plot, where I too intend to be buried eventually.

"The big problem is that the Finnish authorities will not give permission for her to be reinterred. No matter how hard I try, they have not been very encouraging.

"I have clearly explained the religious position and that it is normal that Jewish people should be buried in a Jewish cemetery.

"I am at the end of my tether; what else can I do? It beggars belief. I'm not asking for any special privileges or favours. There is a legal duty [to move her] and there's also the moral aspect."

Rabbi Dunner added: "Unless there are serious and valid reasons preventing the exhumation of this body, we feel that Mr Linder has the right to demand that his mother be transferred for religious reasons.

"These are basic rights that are respected by all European countries and therefore Finland should allow Mr Linder to fulfil his religious beliefs."

A spokesman for Helsinki's chevrah kadisha said: "We have done maybe one or two moves, taking people to Israel. It should be allowed for Mr Linder to move his mother."

Emma Marjamäki, of Finland's Regional Government Agency, was unable to comment on Mr Linder's case directly, but said: "Moving bodies is very difficult in Finland. The law considers the grave to be the last resting place and to get permission to move the body is not easy.

"Mr Linder would need permission from the city of Tampere's environmental health department, permission from us, plus some permission from the Swiss embassy and an airline."

She said the city and regional authorities would charge around 170 euros [£140] each to consider the application for reburial.

http://www.thejc.com/node/36331
          In this case, I believe Rabbi Linder is correct. Jews prefer to be buried with their own. I have no issue with someone who wants their deceased loved one to be buried among their own. Rather I encourage it, though thinking Israel would be the best choice of a final resting place for his mother. My heart feels such peace when I think of the dear woman resting in the Holy Land.

Also please take the Mossad agents, Sayanim, and the rest of the Jews with her and you when you go. We prefer not to deal with cases similar to this in the future.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention.

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
            I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
            • Apr 2013

LIVING among your own is better, but KIKES want to retain that RIGHT for themselves. They can keep the fires of discord burning white hot that way.
            Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
            Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
            “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight

Comment

• Fire Dog
              Banned
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Fred O'Malley View Post
              LIVING among your own is better, but KIKES want to retain that RIGHT for themselves. They can keep the fires of discord burning white hot that way.
              Yes, that's why I said it's fine to take his mother and the Jews of Finland with them. Israel would be the best place for her and all the Jews of Finland and would further good relations with the Jews if they left instead of doing their best to destroy the White Nation of Finland and the Finnish people.

Comment

• Lionel Mandrake
                • Aug 2013

Brooklyn Museum

Collections: Decorative Arts: Hanukkah Lamp

Hanukkah Lamp

Maker: B. Szkarlad
                Medium: Silver
                Place Made: Warsaw, Poland
                Dates: ca. 1900
                Dimensions: 10 3/4 x 10 1/8 x 3 1/4 in. (27.3 x 25.7 x 8.3 cm) (show scale)
                Markings: On bottom and backplate: "SZAHLAD", Diana head, "84"
                Collections: Decorative Arts
                Museum Location: This item is not on view
                Accession Number: 50.7
                Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. William Linder in memory of Dr. William Linder
                Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
                Caption: B. Szkarlad. Hanukkah Lamp, ca. 1900. Silver, 10 3/4 x 10 1/8 x 3 1/4 in. (27.3 x 25.7 x 8.3 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. William Linder in memory of Dr. William Linder, 50.7. Creative Commons-BY
                Image: overall, 50.7_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph
                Catalogue Description: Hanukkah Menorah, silver, bench type, ca
                Last edited by Lionel Mandrake; 3 Sep 2013, 02:31.

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• Lionel Mandrake
                  • Aug 2013

Adele Linder

Deggendorf Displaced Persons Camp

Deggendorf was a medium-size Displaced Persons Camp which at one time was "home" to close on 2,000 Jewish refugees, many of them former inmates of Theresienstadt concentration camp.

Situated by the Danube in Bavaria, Deggendorf's DP community published two newspapers, the Deggendorf Center Review and Cum Ojfboj, a Yiddish weekly paper of the Zionist Achida Organization, and maintained a library housing 1,700 books, synagogue, mikve and a kosher kitchen. The camp even had its own currency, underwritten by a Munich bank, known as "Deggendorf Dollars". The paper notes each bore the stamped inscription "Jewish Committee-D.P. Camp 7 Deggendorf."

Deggendorf DP camp, many of whose inhabitants sought entry to Palestine, closed on June 15, 1949. Pictured above (courtesy of USHMM) is a group of Jewish DPs posing in front of building in the Deggendorf DP Camp in 1946. The banner reads in Hebrew and English: Erez Israel for the nation Israel. (Land of Israel for the People of Israel.)

Resident at Deggendorf from 1945 was Adele Linder, who survived the war, whether by remaining hidden or, possibly, a prisoner in Theresienstadt or other camp. Adele's sister Channa [Dina/Donja] Linder and brother-in-law Eliezer Swarts sponsored her through the Jewish Agency to enter Palestine in an application dated 26 October 1945.

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• Lionel Mandrake
                    • Aug 2013

Preservation of Jewish Culture During the Holocaust

By Joey Elkins
                    Boca Raton, Florida

The Holocaust was a horrifying period when cruel and inhuman acts were committed by the Nazis in Europe. These acts took the lives of millions of people, and their culture met the same demise. The Jewish people were targeted as victims of Nazi persecution, and were put through hellish and unbearable circumstances, most of which ended in death. There was a resistance, through, and it hoped to preserve shreds of the culture and life the Jewish people once possessed. In the Ghetto and concentration camps, Jewish victims engaged in many activities to keep their culture alive, participating in secret underground organizations, networks of schools, and other acts of religious resistance.

Though life in the Ghetto was filled with terror and hunger, people still engaged in cultural activities. Some brave individuals created "clandestine" organizations under the guise of Jewish Social Self-Help groups, which were accepted institutions. The most famous was YIKOR, begun by Menahem Linder and others. YIKOR was officially known as the "Yiddish Culture Organization" because one of its primary focuses was to establish the status of Yiddish as the official language of Ghetto life. It also participated greatly in various fields of work, making a point to deliver culture to all the people of the Ghetto. Lectures were given on Saturday mornings that would draw audiences in the hundreds. The purpose of these lectures was "not just to deepen the interest in science, Jewish history or sociology, but also to strengthen the sense of national dignity and the will to offer resistance". In the Ghetto, there also existed a preservation of artistic culture, including both artists and the performing arts. Places of entertainment were set up, such as cafes, cabarets, and concert halls. Satirical, social, political, and even humorous topics were presented there. Purim festivals were created for the entertainment of refugee children. YIKOR called this theater movement a "new and additional link in the chain of Jewish culture". Jewish artists first appeared in a coffee house in 1940. A committee was set up to undertake the establishment, and eventually became a professional organization of Jewish artists. Its membership was over 250 people, and its activities were to regulate working conditions for artists, and to hold expositions of work by Jewish sculptors and painters. It was not easy for an artist to work under the horrible conditions of the Holocaust, though. This is evident in the case of Alfred Kantor. He made hundreds of sketches in Auschwitz, but destroyed them for fear of being discovered. Following his liberation he says in The Book of Alfred Kantor, "My commitment to drawing came out of deep instinct of self preservation and undoubtedly helped me to deny the unimaginable horrors of that time". The fear that Kantor felt was widespread. The consequences if caught committing an act such as his would have resulted in immediate death. One way of being caught was to be turned in by the judenrat. The judenrat were Jewish men chosen by the Nazis to patrol the Ghetto, and often took this position as a chance for survival (Benbasat). News traveled fast in the Ghetto and people often became fearful of their own neighbors and "Any trifling rumor will immediately bring every activity in the entire Ghetto to a dead stop". Although the consequences were fatal, many still continued to try to preserve their culture in whatever way they could.

http://holocaust.hklaw.com/essays/1999/997.htm

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• Lionel Mandrake
                      • Aug 2013

115th Residence Sold at Sinai Residences on Federation Campus

Published: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 2:00 pm

Sinai Residences of Boca Raton, the area’s newest planned Life Care Retirement Community, is celebrating the 115th reservation of an independent living residence. This state-of the-art active retirement community is under development to bring a vibrant, fulfilling lifestyle for seniors - right on the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County campus.....

“We are thrilled at the overwhelming success of Sinai Residences,” said Amy Linder, Director of Marketing. “Sinai Residences is a new style of senior living designed to embrace a vibrant lifestyle and attract those who continue to pursue life with vigor. So far, that is what we have seen in our future residents.” Sinai Residences’ anticipated opening is slated for 2015.

http://www.jewishboca.org/news/2013/...ration-campus/

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• Lionel Mandrake
                        • Aug 2013

Obama campaign halts debates with RJC

By Brad A. Greenberg

October 15, 2008

Barack Obama’s campaign has decided advisers and representatives of the Democratic nominee for president will no longer debate officials from the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC).

This prohibition led Wednesday to the canceling of a debate scheduled for Sunday at Valley Cities Jewish Community Center in Van Nuys organized by the Council of Israeli Community in Los Angeles. Larry Greenfield, California director of the RJC, said he still plans to show up. His counterpart, former Rep. Mel Levine, who is a Middle East adviser for Obama, will not participate in what would have been his fourth debate with Greenfield.......

Haim Linder, vice president of the Council of Israeli Community, said the campaign’s decision to back out of scheduled debates will only make Obama’s Jewish problem worse.

“It will be preceived as they are chickening out from a debate and they are ignoring the Israeli community and don’t want to face the truth that the McCain campaign is putting out,” Linder said. “You are leaving Larry on a stage to put out the information he wants without being rebutted. The Israeli community needs to hear, face to face, both sides, so that people can decide who they want to vote for.”

By contrast, Steven Windmueller, dean of the Los Angeles campus of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, said it’s unlikely the Obama campaign made a rash move.

“I think you could make justifications both ways as to whether this was a wise move or not,” Windmueller said. “The Obama campaign certainly knows where they stand with the Jewish community, especially in California, and probably don’t feel they have must more to gain.”

Indeed, California’s support for Obama is all but wrapped up, and, at this point, the candidate is focused on extending his national lead over McCain—a New York Times/CBS poll published this week showed Obama up 14 percentage points. Nevertheless, Israeli Americans have been among the most susceptible to the viral e-mails that falsely claiming Obama is a Muslim or an Arab or opposed to continued support for Israel. And, if the election season thus far can be a guide, stories giving Jews reason to doubt Obama’s commitment to Israel have a way of getting around.

In the meantime, Linder is hoping to convince the Obama campaign to reconsider and is looking for a replacement for Levine.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/electio...h_rjc_20081015

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• Clinton Adolph Seeber
                          • Jun 2013

Congratulations, Steven, on posting some compelling evidence to back your assertions. Now that is how it is done!

Comment

• Lionel Mandrake
                            • Aug 2013

Young Israel of Pelham Parkway Jewish Center

ABOUT US

Officers
                            :

Charles Landsberg - President
                            Theodore Held - Vice President
                            Kenneth Gelnick - Vice President
                            Harold Linder - Treasurer
                            David Edelstein - Secretary

http://www.yippjc.org/about-us.html

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• Lionel Mandrake
                              • Aug 2013

Adath Israel Congregation

Join our Conservative, Egalitarian, Accessible Synagogue in Mercer County, NJ : 1958 Lawrenceville Rd. Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

Organizations and Committees

Adath’s many clubs and organizations offer so many opportunities to get involved in synagogue life. An active Women’s League helps keep synagogue life vibrant. Our youth programs provide students the opportunity to participate in social activities locally as well as on a regional and national level.
                              payday loans

2012-2013 Committees

Adult Education:
                              Janice Berger

Archives Chair:
                              Irene Linder

Chesed Committee:
                              Stephanie Loesberg

http://www.adathisraelnj.org/about-2...nd-committees/

- Steven L. Akins

sigpic

Comment

• KennewickMan
                                • Aug 2013

The best evidence against Alex Linder is an in-depth reading of the major mass of psychobabble he accumulated on VNN. When you add to this his behavior the image becomes clear. At the end the logical question is: Since he is not a WN or anything close to that what the hell is he doing?
                                At the time when he corralled me in his little zoo before banning me I used my last opportunity to start a thread with this title:

Alex Linder is NOT a White Nationalist.
                                It is still there and has 241 posts.
                                http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=144159

Below is post No. 32 from the thread, addressed to Donna from Ohio…

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

And Linder says this thing is not a fag…

From: http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=135032
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Kennewickman
                                Donnie, it is so sad watching you suffering in that closet.
                                Why don’t you just come out? You will feel better and who knows, we might even forgive you and will not send you to one of those naughty camps… and that is NOT a Boy Scouts’ camp either…

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.p...=1#post1324534

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio
                                You guys bring up fags way too often. I'm just saying.

Quote:
                                Straw man.
                                Again, you Stormfront immigrants interject references to gays or queers way too much.
                                Not sure what that is all about.

Quote:
                                And yeah man, you survivors bring up fags too much.

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=134001

And
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Kennewickman
                                I was thinking about an inexpensive Christmas gift for my most devoted follower on this forum…
                                Armband that gay men were forced to wear in Auschwitz are priced around £97

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=135032&page=3
                                One more jewel from Donna…

From: http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.p...=1#post1379143
                                Quote:
                                Uh-huh.

Yet another post where Kenneweirdman inexplicably brings up queers. What are the odds?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by WNF News Bot, 2 hours ago
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post WNF News Bot  
                                Started by WNF News Bot, 3 hours ago
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post WNF News Bot  
                                Started by Reynolds, 3 hours ago
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Reynolds  
                                Started by WNF News Bot, 3 hours ago
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post WNF News Bot  
                                Started by WNF News Bot, 4 hours ago
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post WNF News Bot  
                                LEGAL NOTICE: 
White Nations Forum is a Professional, Non-Violent, Progressive Pro-White Community. 
We promote White Civil Rights, White Self-Determination, and White Liberation via 100% legal activism. 
We do not promote, tolerate nor incite illegal activity. 
Signed Fred O'Malley (Owner)
                                Working...
                                X