• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rev.Cambeul
    Chief Administrator & Web Designer
    • Jul 2013

Forum Updates

I made some changes to the forum style template/theme - especially noticeable on the front page.

To see them, go to the front page https://whitenations.com and either clear your cache or hold down the Ctrl key and hit F5 at the same time to refresh the page with new icons and updated coding.

If don't Ctrl+F5 refresh or clear your cache, it may take up to a week for the changes to become noticeable.

If you are viewing WN Forum on a phone or tablet, everything should work fine as is. However, if you are viewing WNF on a computer screen, I suggest zooming/enlarging the page to 130%.

In Opera Browser - https://opera.com - the option is in the browser Menu. Buggered if I know where it is on other browsers like Firefox and the rest. You may have to look for a for a browser Addon/Extension. If you are using Opera, zooming in/or out on any page on WNF will effect all pages at WhiteNations.com but will not effect any other sites. If you want to zoom in/out on all sites to a default percentage%, it's in the settings in Opera.

Chrome works much like Opera - but if you use Chrome, you agree that GOOGLE OWNS YOU.
    Reverend Cailen Cambeul, P.M.E., C.A.
    P.O. Box 420 Oaklands Park, SA 5046 Australia
  • Archangel
    • Feb 2015

Re: Forum Updates

Alrighty Rev! Thanks!!

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
    I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
    • Apr 2013

Just a note about zoom - if you use a wheel mouse, just hold down the CTRL key and finger your wheel, in or out.
    Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
    “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight

Comment

• Rev.Cambeul
      • Jul 2013

Copied from https://whitenations.com/showthread....212#post230212

Originally posted by reynolds View Post
      So "Chat" is a good idea.

Also noticed that the threads are dated in days and weeks now rather than in 09/14/19 etc and much easier to read.
      The Chat has been there for years, but it needed its own board/topic and updating for modern browsers. Of course the "Chat" board can be used for anything within reason.

I was pissed off with the AM/PM needlessly taking up space so changed it to 24 hour time and discovered a "Detailed" option for dating activity and posts. Glad you liked the change - which I'd only completed less than an hour before.

Also, I finally figured out where the annoying Insecure Content was on the posting pages. It was bloody Facebook garbage hard-coded into the template. That means WNF is now completely secure as per SSL standards.

FYI: I stole this template - a paid template BTW - from a bunch of Turks. I then converted it for our use making too many changes and additions to list. And no, I do not speak, read or understand inferior Turk gibberish. So it was a lot more difficult than it otherwise would have been had the template been in English or at least a Euro language.

Any recent improvements I have made to the template are related to my own improvements in skills since my initial theft and repurpose some years ago of this Turk Template we call the Blue Eyed Devil Template.

To Recap: Use Ctrl + F5 to refresh your page or clear your cache. Background, a banner, status icons, font sizes, font styles and font types, security (SSL) has been patched up, general coding and more have been updated. If you don't refresh, you wont see the changes for some time.

I don't expect there to be any more changes to this template ... unless it of course needs it.

And Remember, if you're on a standard computer, you may want to zoom in for a better view:
      Originally posted by Fred O'Malley View Post
      Just a note about zoom - if you use a wheel mouse, just hold down the CTRL key and finger your wheel, in or out.

Comment

• Rev.Cambeul
        • Jul 2013

All updates are complete. W.N.F. has been upgraded to the latest and greatest forum software that money can buy - about $400 bucks.

The template is complete. If you don't like it, pick one of the others from the list on the bottom left. All other templates are just a colour variation on the Default W.N.F. Black. I will not be editing them beyond adding the W.N.F. banners to all.

Everything should now be working.

* It took me an afternoon upgrading - reparing database errors on the fly.
        * It took me another day to understand vBulletin 5's unconventional system.
        * There is much that is incompatible with the previous vBulletin 3 - that includes the way the front page was previously presented.
        * And it took me another two days to sort out the template - again due to VB unconventional system.
        * There are some things I just do not like - but I'll live with it.

Also, there's a built in vbMessenger that is apparently better than the PM/Personal Message Centre, and is supposed to be a pseudo Forum Chat. Buggered if know ... I leave that to you to figure out.

Enjoy the new version of W.N.F. and let me know if you find any errors.

Cailen.

Comment

• Defiance
          • May 2013

Thanks to Cailen for filling me in regarding the security warnings, though I'm a bit worried about how widespread the issue may be overall (and thus how many others are currently dissuaded from entering).

Firefox user here.
          This is not a game. SHARE what you find on this site.

Required Reading and Viewing
          Why Are You Here?

Comment

• Rev.Cambeul
            • Jul 2013

No worries, brother.

As I said to Defiance in an email:

I went to the webhost for WNF and cancelled the temporary security certificate they had issued and ordered a new one. The new security certificate is not a temporary one. It also seems to have fixed the problem.

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
              I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
              • Apr 2013

I just logged on and got the security warning. I also got the memo from Dreamhost that it will be resolved shortly.
              Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
              Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
              “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight

Comment

• Rev.Cambeul
                • Jul 2013

You may have noticed some changes. Whether or not, WNF has been upgraded to the latest version of the available software. The good news is that I was able to restore the custom status icons that were once used in WNF, and add a few more.

If you haven't noticed any changes and you're on a computer, press Ctrl+F5 (Refresh). Whether you Refresh or not, you'll eventually catch up.

Comment

• Rev.Cambeul
                  • Jul 2013

I have made some changes ...

* WNF may go a bit faster

* Deleted hundreds of spam bots

* Reactivated signature views for everybody

All the other changes you can actually see are because yesterday's upgrade allowed me to make those visual changes that were not available until now.

Comment

• Rev.Cambeul
                    • Jul 2013

While searching for answers to the User Settings access problem, I stumbled upon a code to give you all round avatars. I then customised the code to enlarge the avatars and allow ovals as well as the default perfectly round. I don't know about you, but I prefer the new, rounded avatars.

* If you choose, you may now select text and QUOTE only the selected text. Otherwise, quoting works as it always worked.

* WNF Search has been replaced with Google Joogle Search. I tried DuckDuckGo but it didn't work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Archangel, 1 hour ago
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Archangel  
                    Started by WNF News Bot, 1 hour ago
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post WNF News Bot  
                    Started by Fred O'Malley, 1 hour ago
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Fred O'Malley  
                    Started by Fred O'Malley, 2 hours ago
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Fred O'Malley  
                    Started by WNF News Bot, 2 hours ago
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post WNF News Bot  
                    LEGAL NOTICE: 
White Nations Forum is a Professional, Non-Violent, Progressive Pro-White Community. 
We promote White Civil Rights, White Self-Determination, and White Liberation via 100% legal activism. 
We do not promote, tolerate nor incite illegal activity. 
Signed Fred O'Malley (Owner)
                    Working...
                    X