• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fred O'Malley
    I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
    • Apr 2013

Feds Murder Another Whistleblower/ Michael Hastings

Michael Hastings Sent Email About FBI Probe Hours Before Death

This undated photo provided by Blue Rider Press/Penguin shows award-winning journalist and war correspondent Michael Hastings. Hastings, an award-winning journalist and war correspondent, died early Tuesday, June 18, 2013 in a car accident in Los Angeles, his employer and family said.

Hours before dying in a fiery car crash, award-winning journalist Michael Hastings sent an email to his colleagues, warning that federal authorities were interviewing his friends and that he needed to go "off the rada[r]" for a bit.

The email was sent around 1 p.m. on Monday, June 17. At 4:20 a.m. the following morning, Hastings died when his Mercedes, traveling at high speeds, smashed into a tree and caught on fire. He was 33.

Hastings sent the email to staff at BuzzFeed, where he was employed, but also blind-copied a friend, Staff Sgt. Joseph Biggs, on the message. Biggs, who Hastings met in 2008 when he was embedded in his unit in Afghanistan, forwarded the email to KTLA, who posted it online on Saturday.

Here's the email, with the recipients' names redacted.

Subject: FBI Investigation, re: NSA

Hey (redacted names) -- the Feds are interviewing my "close friends and associates." Perhaps if the authorities arrive "BuzzFeed GQ," er HQ, may be wise to immediately request legal counsel before any conversations or interviews about our news-gathering practices or related journalism issues.

Also: I'm onto a big story, and need to go off the rada[r] for a bit.

All the best, and hope to see you all soon.

Michael

Rumors that the FBI was investigating Hastings began the day after his death, with a couple of mysterious WikiLeaks tweets.

In a rare move, the FBI issued a statement denying that Hastings was under investigation. The Los Angeles Police Department also said it had found no evidence of any foul play in his death.

Hastings, an accomplished war correspondent and sharp political reporter, was best known for writing a critical Rolling Stone profile of General Stanley McChrystal that led to his resignation.

It's unclear what "big story" Hastings was working on prior to his death, but it might have to do with yet another military bigwig, this time retired general David Petraeus.

The LA Times reported that Hastings was researching a story about a privacy lawsuit brought by Jill Kelley, the Florida socialite who took center stage in the Petraeus cheating scandal, against the Department of Defense and the FBI. According to a person close to Kelley, the paper said, Hastings had plans to meet a representative of hers to discuss the case next week.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3484118.html
    Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
    “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight
  • WitchesChild
    Pagan Heart
    • May 2013

Tick/click on the 'Michael Hastings' tag to view all related threads.

-Witchie

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
      I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by WitchesChild View Post
      Tick/click on the 'Michael Hastings' tag to view all related threads.

-Witchie
      I'll be damned!
      “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight

Comment

• WitchesChild
        Pagan Heart
        • May 2013

Originally posted by Fred O'Malley View Post
        I'll be damned!
        Well some viewers may not know, considering some ppl rarely tag their threads.

Bad Boy!

-the Tag Witch

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
          I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by WitchesChild View Post
          Well some viewers may not know, considering some ppl rarely tag their threads.

Bad Boy!
          I try to remember, but usually I'm trying to get a lot of info posted in a short time and I forget.

Comment

• Smoky
            • Jun 2013

I try to remember, but usually I'm trying to get a lot of info posted in a short time and I forget.
            Same here.

But we are fortunate to have the Tag Witch hanging around here.

Comment

• WitchesChild
              Pagan Heart
              • May 2013

Originally posted by Smoky View Post
              Same here.

No worries, My Brothers, keep yammering out the threads and know that if you forget I got your (our) backs.

-Tag Witch

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
                I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
                • Apr 2013

Same here.

Yep, you couldn't ask for better people to keep a site running than we have here. Frank, Liz & Witches Child do all the heavy lifting because they are so good at it. Witchy put together our youtube channel, and Frank keeps us clean and shit-bag free. Liz has wit and charm to burn, her dry humor has me ROFL sometimes.

Whatcha think Smoky, no drama, classic content, cutting edge posts, intelligent membership, etc. we have it all here.

Comment

• Smoky
                  • Jun 2013

Whatcha think Smoky, no drama, classic content, cutting edge posts, intelligent membership, etc. we have it all here.
                  You have some of the best minds in WNism here already on this forum and more on the way. Keep up the good work. I see this forum eclisping VNN before the end of this year, and SF not too long after that.

Keep this in mind, and never forget it; what makes a great forum are the people here, not the individual who bought the domain name. Don Black, Jamie Kelso, Alex Linder, and all the others, already have one foot in the dustbin of history because they let their ego get in the way. As long as you allow the freedom of son of a bitches like me have their say, you will be remembered.

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
                    I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
                    • Apr 2013

You have some of the best minds in WNism here already on this forum and more on the way. Keep up the good work. I see this forum eclisping VNN before the end of this year, and SF not too long after that.

Keep this in mind, and never forget it; what makes a great forum are the people here, not the individual who bought the domain name. Don Black, Jamie Kelso, Alex Linder, and all the others, already have one foot in the dustbin of history because they let their ego get in the way. As long as you allow the freedom of son of a bitches like me have their say, you will be remembered.
                    I do everything I can to stay out of the way of the 3 genuine admins. They have their shit together and understand what it takes. There is a huge difference between commitment and compulsion, no?

Comment

• Smoky
                      • Jun 2013

I There is a huge difference between commitment and compulsion, no?
                      There is.

All too often, the primary failure of most forums is due to the owner of the forum insisting on everyone else adopting his or her limited world view, some image that they made up in their head, of what a perfect White society would look like, forgetting that not everyone would likely agree.

I've butted heads with the best of them over the years, and have been banned from just about every WN forum out there. The only one who has gained my respect thus far is Rev. Cailen Cambeul of the Creativity Alliance. We've butted heads, and I have been banned twice there, but in the end, we both realized that we are both committed revolutionaries for Our Cause. Today, we are good friends.

We may not agree on everything Fred, but one thing I do know, you are committed, like I am, to Our Cause.

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
                        I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
                        • Apr 2013

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
                          I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
                          • Apr 2013

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by WNF News Bot, 6 hours ago
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post WNF News Bot  
                          Started by Reynolds, 19 hours ago
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Reynolds  
                          Started by WNF News Bot, 10 hours ago
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post WNF News Bot  
                          Started by WNF News Bot, 11 hours ago
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post WNF News Bot  
                          Started by WNF News Bot, 11 hours ago
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post WNF News Bot  
                          LEGAL NOTICE: 
White Nations Forum is a Professional, Non-Violent, Progressive Pro-White Community. 
We promote White Civil Rights, White Self-Determination, and White Liberation via 100% legal activism. 
We do not promote, tolerate nor incite illegal activity. 
Signed Fred O'Malley (Owner)
                          Working...
                          X