X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicarlo
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by notmenomore View Post
    A combination of two legal theories establishes this situation as one most preferred by the 1% and their enablers:

1) the doctrine of "employment at will" states that anyone can be fired at any time for no reason whatsoever. A simple "we no longer require your services" is the entirety of required reasons/exigencies for employment termination. (Think how many times you see the all-important disclaimers on employment applications and in employee "handbooks" emphasizing that there is and will be "no contract of employment".)

2) the idea that there is and can be no property rights associated with a job (or an employment relationship). Only among government employees is there any legal precedent for a property interest in a job. Beyond the protections of government employment, i.e. all private industrial, commercial, and institutional employment, there is no property interest in employment, hence you cannot sustain an compensable loss if you become separated (by your employer) from your job.

...that's all it takes.

Well, simply, the people need to stand up, and laws need to be enacted to protect people's livelyhood being taken away for things that have nothing to do with their job. This bullshit is nothing more than silencing freespeech, and is morally wrong in the extreme. But I well understand Amercans have been dumbed down to a point of no return. They could have power, but they are cowards. They might not even wake up if the government starts openly murdering them.
    “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free”. -- Goethe

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
      I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by DICARLO View Post
      Well, simply, the people need to stand up, and laws need to be enacted to protect people's livelyhood being taken away for things that have nothing to do with their job. This bullshit is nothing more than silencing freespeech, and is morally wrong in the extreme. But I well understand Amercans have been dumbed down to a point of no return. They could have power, but they are cowards. They might not even wake up if the government starts openly murdering them.
      There are laws to protect a person's livelihood. You can find them by searching "Wrongful Termination" suits.

wrongful termination n. a right of an employee to sue his/her employer for damages (loss of wage and "fringe" benefits, and, if against "public policy," for punitive damages). To bring such a suit: a) the discharge of the employee must have been without "cause" and he/she had an express employment contract or an "implied" contract based on the circumstances of hiring; or b) there is a violation of statutory prohibitions against discrimination due to race, gender, sexual preference or age; or c) the discharge was contrary to "public policy" such as in retribution for exposing dishonest acts of the employer. An employee who believes he/she has been wrongfully terminated may file a lawsuit for damages for discharge, as well as for breach of contract, but the court decisions have become increasingly strict in limiting an employee's grounds for suit.
      Wrongful termination legal definition of wrongful termination
      Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
      Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
      “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight

Comment

• Dicarlo
        • Sep 2013

Well, they must be a sham. PC is not a law, and not the law of the land and yet it appears to have trumped these laws allegedly protecting a person's livelihood.
        “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free”. -- Goethe

Comment

• whiteferrari
          • Aug 2013

I've been wondering why those who've been axed in the throes PC insanity don't try to find a way to counter-sue in return.

Comment

• Atlee
            • Nov 2013

One solution is creating our own businesses and keeping these folks safe behind the scenes.We need to support freedom of speech in this way or things will only get worse down the road.

Comment

• The Bobster
              "A Cock in my Ass
              would be SWEET!"
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by KennewickMan View Post
              “Justine Sacco, apology on Sunday: "needless and careless tweet" "for being insensitive to this crisis -- which does not discriminate by race, gender or sexual orientation, but which terrifies us all uniformly -- and to the millions of people living with the virus, I am ashamed."

She is a native of South Africa and was upset that she had hurt so many people there. "I am very sorry for the pain I caused,"

Ex-PR exec Justine Sacco apologizes for AIDS in Africa tweet - CNN
              Check out the comments there. Most of the kwans are piling on her, saying she deserved it for being the most evil creature on earth, just for telling the truth. As Robert Shelton, I'm one of the few defending her. Of course, they wish me dead, too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Fred O'Malley, 2 hours ago
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Fred O'Malley  
              Started by Fred O'Malley, 2 hours ago
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Fred O'Malley