X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reynolds
    • Oct 2018

REV! What The Hell!

Had problems posting anything on another forum (SF) and tried Google Chrome. But a year ago I lost my copy/paste function on Chrome. So was able to post finally on SF but no copy/paste. So tried Internet Explorer and got my thread posted with images. By the way I got a message yesterday from SF saying "Sorry, you are being blocked. You are unable to access SF". The webmaster said the problem originates on my end. Internet Explorer came through.

The other thing Rev, is that when I do a search here, I get sent to the Google queue to "White Nations Forum" and the thing I'm searching for. (There are some other strange things happening and I have a theory and it isn't the Jews!)
  • Rev.Cambeul
    Chief Administrator & Web Designer
    • Jul 2013

I set the search here as Google. The built in search is garbage and typically ceases to work after a while. I found a tool that adds Google in its place (which I can turn off and on at will). Notice it does say Search supplied by Joogle? I am trying to change it to DuckDuckGo.com I'm watching it, I'm testing it and there's still a lot behind the scenes I've got to adjust here, because vBulletin is an overpriced piece of shit.

Buggered if I know what's going on with you on SF. Perhaps you have your security settings set too high to post? In the old days, after an upgrade or fresh install, we had to alter IE security settings every time.

I don't use Google Chrome. Using anything Google means you are agreeing to being spied upon. I use Opera Browser. In Opera, if you have any problems, just delete all your cookies, downloads, pages visited .... Or hit Recovery and reset your browser to default settings.

Copy and Paste is not a function that is controlled by the browser. It is part of windows. Highlight what you want, hit Ctrl + C to Copy. To Paste text or Images, hit Ctrl + V.
    Reverend Cailen Cambeul, P.M.E., C.A.
    P.O. Box 420 Oaklands Park, SA 5046 Australia

Comment

• reynolds
      • Oct 2018

WOW! Or should I say, Is there anything you don't know! And you answered my next question about browsers. Someone suggested Pale Moon. So that's what I've gone to.

As far as SF goes, I can't "submit reply" or "new thread" when I'm in Firefox. And as mentioned can't copy/paste when I'm in Google Chrome. Did some searches and apparently losing copy/paste function seems to be as common as sunshine in summer. In fact a lot of the crap that's happened to me has happened to others. So you're right the problem might be windows. Keep doing the trouble-shooting maintenance in windows and Lenovo hardware but nothing. Opera eh!

Comment

• Rev.Cambeul
        Chief Administrator & Web Designer
        • Jul 2013

Pale Moon is based on Firefox. Why not just skip the testing and go straight to Tor Browser? It's also based on Firefox and you can add some security to your browsing at the same time. The added bonus is that Tor has regular updates and you can add any Firefox extensions you like.

Opera is based on Chrome, so you can use all the Chrome extensions as well as the Opera extensions. There are differences between the two but Opera doesn't track you like Google Chrome. And apparently resetting is easier on Opera. With the Opera browser, you can also sign into Opera.com and save all your book marks, or you can do the usual save/export and import bookmarks. Opera also has a better speed dial and the built in VPN you can use or not; I use an onion router extension which gets me into the Dark Web if need be, and allows me to choose what country I want to appear to be in. Prison websites in the US typically want me to be in the US, so I set my browser as in the US and login with a 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington address. That onion router extension is the same as used by Tor, but without all the holes plugged up with the browser. Quite suitable when everything you do is still legal.

If you're having problems because of the latest update with Windows, then uninstall that update. If you're just having an issue or two, uninstall a driver or two then restart your computer.

CCleaner will also help with browser issues.

Reverend Cailen Cambeul, P.M.E., C.A.
        P.O. Box 420 Oaklands Park, SA 5046 Australia

Comment

Working...
        X