X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Defiance
    • May 2013

How to Remain Truly Anonymous Online

I'm hardly an expert on the matter, but this is my take on things. If anyone can correct or expand on my points, do so.

Updated...
    • Do not use your real name online anywhere that's even semi-public. Not Facebook, not Google, nowhere.
    • Think twice before posting your picture online. If you do, consider making sure your face is relatively obscure and no identifying info is present.
    • Don't trust anyone too much. Not even me.
    • It's probably a good idea to have more than one e-mail address. Perhaps one for forum registration, one casual and one professional. Your professional account should have no attachment of any kind to the others. The professional account should be the only one with which you interact with "the real world" using your real name and phone number.
    • At certain times, consider a "throwaway" account.
    • Your IP address (which is not as private as you'd probably like to believe) can provide one with, at least, your general location as well as the name of your ISP. If you find it necessary, consider a proxy server.
    • Assume that you're being watched, by someone, at any given time. Just do what you can to ensure that whoever may be spying on you is wasting their time. Don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in real life, and don't do anything that you wouldn't want tracked back to you.
    • Burn the paper trail. In other words, ensure that any inter-website data mining done on you is highly limited. For example: think twice before using the same original photo on more than one website (due to reverse image searches) and be careful with distinctive usernames.
    • For the love of God, disable the damned location feature on your phone if you're posting pictures. If it's already a bit late for that, remove personal info in Properties.

I'm sorry if I come off as somewhat paranoid; after all, I've been posting online for a long time and have established myself as a fairly controversial character. Still, nothing has ever caught up to me in the real world, as far as I know. But I guess you can never be too careful.
    Last edited by Defiance; 7 Jun 2016, 23:58.
    This is not a game. SHARE what you find on this site.

Required Reading and Viewing
    Why Are You Here?

• Gargoyle
    Angel Of Doom
    • Aug 2014

Re: How to Remain Truly Anonymous Online

This is a great Thread, and one everyone should read. As such, I'm going to sticky this for future reference.

Comment

• Fred O'Malley
      I AM THE PALE HORSEMAN
      • Apr 2013

To become invisible, use an anonymizer.
      Government is a DISEASE - FREEDOM is the CURE
      Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.
      “Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless of the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid … Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”Bertrand Russell, Why Men Fight

Comment

• HeadHunter23
        88/23 C.A.
        • Nov 2014

I have this running at the moment as a trial version but im finding it has trouble playing some vids,the speeds are consistant and of good speed.I was looking at something the other day and most of my post showed up on a google search.How can you stop this all together.
        23 Words
        What is good for the White Race is of the Highest Virtue;
        What is bad for the White Race is the Ultimate Sin.
        https://creativityalliance.com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Fred O'Malley, 1 hour ago
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Fred O'Malley  
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Fred O'Malley  
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post Fred O'Malley  
        Started by Fred O'Malley, 4 hours ago
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Fred O'Malley  
        Started by Fred O'Malley, 2 hours ago
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Fred O'Malley  
        LEGAL NOTICE: 
White Nations Forum is a Professional, Non-Violent, Progressive Pro-White Community. 
We promote White Civil Rights, White Self-Determination, and White Liberation via 100% legal activism. 
We do not promote, tolerate nor incite illegal activity. 
Signed Fred O'Malley (Owner)
        Working...
        X